i am havin a hard time triying to run makehuman 1.2.1

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

i am havin a hard time triying to run makehuman 1.2.1

Postby shadowmaker » Mon May 10, 2021 4:59 pm

i have already dowloaded the zip file and i have extracted his content and run the installer but from there i have tried a lot of things to get to run the program but i haven been lucky
maybe i just miss something, i not really into this of python
is not any way that i can get a version of the installer for win 10 that is more compact on install like in the version 1.1.1 of the program or already install
i have tried again following some advise from the FAQ section and wen do that i get this error message:
C:\Program Files\makehuman-community\makehuman>python makehuman.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\makehuman-community\makehuman\makehuman.py", line 45, in <module>
from PyQt5 import QtCore
ImportError: cannot import name 'QtCore' from 'PyQt5' (unknown location)
i have officially tried all but the file QtCore is in the right folder but i still keep getting the same error :?: some opinions would be really apreciate
shadowmaker

Re: i am havin a hard time triying to run makehuman 1.2.1

Postby joepal » Tue May 11, 2021 2:12 pm

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. Are you trying to run the source version from github?

There is a binary download with an installer available here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... n_120.html

Is that what you downloaded? Did you try running the application by clicking the icon on the start menu or on the desktop? You should not have to run the binary version manually by using python.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests