"Import Human" blender 2.8 and no shapekeys?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

"Import Human" blender 2.8 and no shapekeys?

Postby AnimationPrepStudios » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:13 am

When using the latest MH and in Blender addon I click "import human" but the result is just a mesh of my character and it is completely missing blendshapes and face units.

I liked using .mhx2 files over complex network stuff. mhx2 importing was great. Please bring that back.

Or is it still possible to use .mhx2 with 2.8 somehow please? Thank you for your answer.

when using the latest MH nothing is working anymore and blendshapes are gone, face units are gone, expressions and poses; are all gone..
Maybe I am missing options somewhere but after a few days of frustration and looking through all possible menus I can think of has yielded absolutely no way to include blendshapes when using the latest MH.

I was using these versions but was unable to generate any useful models:
Makehuman 1.2.0
Blender 2.82
MH blender addon 0.7.0

I must use blender 2.79 and legacy mhx2 plugin so I can successfully import the actual mhx2. But I still need to use Blender 2.8 so I save the .blend and re-open it with blender 2.8, finally the shapekeys are included as expected. Many extra steps to acheive the same result. Feels like the latest MH is far less capable now and the socket stuff is very confusing and I found it unreliable and I receive connection refused errors often.

Please support .mhx2 file importing in Blender 2.8 (and include blendshapes) Please!!!
AnimationPrepStudios

Re: "Import Human" blender 2.8 and no shapekeys?

Postby fake_Person » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:52 pm

i really don't know what a shape key is allow me me to go check it out.
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby fake_Person » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:08 pm

ok shape key seems to be MVP when it comes to animation and posing. I have never seen or used it ever when I do anything. it seems to be very good, but I have never seen makhuman shape key before, but you can do manually do it it could be better to do it yourself, because you have a your own perspective.

here I will help you with importing to blender.
what do you need good sir studios?
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby joepal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 am

AnimationPrepStudios wrote:Or is it still possible to use .mhx2 with 2.8 somehow please? Thank you for your answer.
Please support .mhx2 file importing in Blender 2.8 (and include blendshapes) Please!!!

It is perfectly possible to use MHX2 with blender 2.80. The MH side is included per default with the application, and the blender side is bundled in the MH 1.2.0 zip. Alternatively you can download the blender side of the plugin here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby AnimationPrepStudios » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:33 am

fake_Person wrote:ok shape key seems to be MVP when it comes to animation and posing. I have never seen or used it ever when I do anything. it seems to be very good, but I have never seen makhuman shape key before, but you can do manually do it it could be better to do it yourself, because you have a your own perspective.

here I will help you with importing to blender.
what do you need good sir studios?

Hello fake_person,

Thank you very much for offering to help!

I am using the blendshapes for face capture when creating motion capture.

When i export my character from MH community as a .mhx2 files I can then import the .mhx2 using legacy blender plugin and it works perfectly including all blendshapes and expressions:
I remember early on that the blender 2.8 plugin used to allow importing .mhx2 models and also worked perfectly.

But recently I am testing the latest makehuman plugin for blend and find it is missing import .mhx2.

Maybe I am not doing this correctly but after reading instructions I was finally able to figure out how to make blender connect to MH and after synchronizing the model in blender only a mesh and armature are created but is missing features such as join all meshes is gone and especially there are no blendshapes on any mesh!!!

Is it possible to still import .mhx2 files?

Will the latest plugin ever support the same options that once existed in the .mhx2 import panel (join all mesh, shapekeys, faceunits)??????

Thank you.
AnimationPrepStudios

Postby RobBaer » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Check the plugins page for a version of the MHX2 plugin that I think should still work:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html
RobBaer

Return to General discussions about makehuman