data base behind sliders / cut view through model

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

data base behind sliders / cut view through model

Postby timunger96 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi,
I am currently working on a biomdeical science project and we use MakeHUman to model a helthy version of an unhelathy real person.
I have two questions:

1. What is the the data base behind the sliders, since the value is always between 0 and 1. Also how do the the measure parameters intreact with general slider parameters as weight, age,... Are there real values(distnces, angles,...) behind those sliders?

2.Is there a Possibility to get a cut view through the model, so you could for example see the scope and surface of g.e. the xy-plane on hip height.

Thank youu!

Tim
timunger96

Re: data base behind sliders / cut view through model

Postby RobBaer » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm

timunger96 wrote:Hi,
I am currently working on a biomdeical science project and we use MakeHUman to model a helthy version of an unhelathy real person.
I have two questions:
1. What is the the data base behind the sliders, since the value is always between 0 and 1. Also how do the the measure parameters intreact with general slider parameters as weight, age,... Are there real values(distnces, angles,...) behind those sliders?

Unfortunately, there is no direct conversion. MH was designed as an artists tool and not for scientific work. There have been discussions over the years as to whether something can be done to provide this functionality, but the code does not lend itself to doing this in any systematic way we have thought about.

timunger96 wrote:2.Is there a Possibility to get a cut view through the model, so you could for example see the scope and surface of g.e. the xy-plane on hip height. v

If you were to take the model into Blender, you can use boolean tools to cut through the model. It might be possible to use image analysis software (ImageJ ?) to segment the cross-section and measure area. However, this could rapidly become a major project if you needed cross-sections at too many parts of the body.
RobBaer

Return to Newbies