Can't find "Vertex Group as Clothes" in MakeClothes

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Can't find "Vertex Group as Clothes" in MakeClothes

Postby pbesfamille » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:56 pm

Hi, I just started using makehuman a few weeks ago, following youtube tutorials and reading internet pages, but i can't find anything on this.
My problem is that I'm using MakeClothes 2.1.0 and they all use a tab called "Vertex Group as Clothes", but I don't see it and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Am I using the wrong Addon?
(I use Blender 2.8)
Attachments
Photo.png
Here you can see it.
pbesfamille

Re: Can't find "Vertex Group as Clothes" in MakeClothes

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:01 am

If you are using makeclothes 2 most of the videos and tutorials are not valid yet, as the addon is still very much under development(these videos no doubt refer to makeclothes 1). This is changing very soon. However please refer to this information as a guideline to how to use the new version of makeclothes dubbed convert clothes here http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... :ClothesV2 . Please note, that just like the addon, the information within is also very much in its infancy.
The new addon works very well, I and others are using it extensively at present, and most questions how to proceed can be answered if posed to those of us using the program. Feel free to ask any questions not answered by the wiki! Welcome,
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby pbesfamille » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Thanks Elv!
I read that link, followed some steps and luckily it worked.
So "Vertex Group as Clothes" was something from an old version of MakeClothes 2?
pbesfamille

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 pm

I believe the button was replaced by "extract clothes from helper". Similar functionality. I am glad to hear the documentation was helpful and you are getting off the ground with your clothing building projects, feel free to ask any future questions as they arise! :D You testing the program helps it to develop further also remember.
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Return to Blender and MPFB