I can't upload new assets to MakeHuman

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

I can't upload new assets to MakeHuman

Postby klaudio001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi there, I'm a newbie and I'm having some difficulties in uploading new clothes or poses to Makehuman software.
I've watched tons of tutorials and also searched through the forum, here it is my problem:
I'm working on Mac which is running macOS Catalina V.10.15.6 and I installed MAkehuman 1.1.1 (I believe this is the latest version for MAC).
The software seems working just fine, but when I download and save new assets (I followed all the instruction from various tutorials... here the link: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... ll_them%3F ) nothing happen! For example, after creating the new folder inside the "clothes" folder, I open and re-lounch Makehuman, I'm also making sure to hit the button "rescan targets folder" , but there are NO new clothes/assets in the software to use. What should I do ? Why I'm having this problem ?

I also tried to download and install the MHAPI and the Asset Downloader in the plugins directory without any luck! The Community tab inside the Makehuman software appear to be empty ......
I'm attaching few screenshot of my Mac
Please can anyone help me with this matter ?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.32.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.32.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.36.04 AM.png
klaudio001

Re: I can't upload new assets to MakeHuman

Postby RobBaer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Most development for the asset downloader is oriented to version 1.2.x. This version stores assets in a different place , i.e., ~/documents/makehuman/v1py3 rather than ~/documents/makehuman/v1.

On Mac you must either run MH 1.2.x from source or perhaps can find and move some assets to make it work.
RobBaer

Postby klaudio001 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:24 am

RobBaer wrote:Most development for the asset downloader is oriented to version 1.2.x. This version stores assets in a different place , i.e., ~/documents/makehuman/v1py3 rather than ~/documents/makehuman/v1.

On Mac you must either run MH 1.2.x from source or perhaps can find and move some assets to make it work.

Hi RobBaer thanks for your answer! On the MH website the only version downloadable for Mac seems to be the 1.1.1
I would love to run the MH 1.2.x on my Mac, do you know where can I find it ??

Thanks
klaudio001

Postby jwc » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 pm

At this time there is no MakeHuman installer package for the macOS.

It does run on Macs, but has to be installed from the source.
To do so, go to: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/makehuman
and read the section starting with: "If you rather run the code from source:"

If you follow the instructions, it will load and run.
jwc

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests