MakeClothes2 -- with MakeSkin is sea sick.

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

MakeClothes2 -- with MakeSkin is sea sick.

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/peter/.config/blender/2.83/scripts/addons/makeskin/material.py", line 409, in writeMHmat
    try:  matName = obj.material_slots[1].name
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[index]: index 1 out of range, size 1

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/peter/.config/blender/2.83/scripts/addons/makeclothes/operators/createclothes.py", line 112, in execute
    (b, hint) = mc.make()
  File "/home/peter/.config/blender/2.83/scripts/addons/makeclothes/core_makeclothes_functionality.py", line 232, in make
    errtext = mat.writeMHmat(self.clothesObj, outputFile)
  File "/home/peter/.config/blender/2.83/scripts/addons/makeskin/material.py", line 412, in writeMHmat
    raise IndexError(errtext)
IndexError: Object does not have a second material.

So MakeClothes2 is having issues I tried using it with MakeSkin (after hacking the version number check in MakeClothes) and the above happens... no clue what is going on here.

thoughts?
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Re: MakeClothes2 -- with MakeSkin is sea sick.

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 am

Hi

Salty, I have a second person testing the software on the other side of the pond. That's good. When I sleep you do the tests and when you sleep I do the fixes, well okay North Carolina is 6 hours difference I guess :lol:

These so-called "raise" statements resulting in a stack-dump I never liked. That's something we should avoid tbh. It is normally used for debugging or when an exception occurs which "should not occur". Well, but I am an old-school programmer. :mrgreen:

Okay, the problem is: This part tries to save a second material as a blend-file. But there is no second material. Go into makeskin and switch off "save blender material".

I will change the code ... it is easy just to skip it, if there is no second material, maybe I give a hint, that nothing is saved as blend file, if it is possible, if not I skip this silently.

I also started to write some documentation, where I will add all knowledge I get through the tests as well. I started it for clothes and materials.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MaterialsMakeSkin

Greetings from ol' Europe
punkduck
punkduck

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests