MakeClothes Traceback error

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Re: MakeClothes Traceback error

Postby Aranuvir » Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 pm

Any updates here? Is the problem fixed. Can we close this issue^?
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Wed May 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Plugins are packaged each night to http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html, so the latest version can be found there if you find github cumbersome.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Fri May 08, 2020 9:18 am

No further information -> Closing the ticket.
Aranuvir

Postby Danewilliams » Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 am

Thanks everybody. I have what I needed.
Danewilliams

Postby mahu27 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:27 am

I have a very similar error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\bp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\makeclothes\operators\createclothes.py", line 104, in execute
(b, hint) = mc.make()
File "C:\Users\bp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\makeclothes\core_makeclothes_functionality.py", line 185, in make
(b, text) = self.findClosestVertices()
File "C:\Users\bp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\makeclothes\core_makeclothes_functionality.py", line 260, in findClosestVertices
clothesVertices = self.clothesmesh.vertexGroupVertices[vgroupIdx]
KeyError: 7

I am using the latest from http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html. I have run the checks for human and clothes successfully, but the clothes generation will not work.

Any idea?
mahu27

Postby punkduck » Thu May 21, 2020 6:43 pm

mahu27 wrote:I have a very similar error:

Any idea?

I/we forgot to check if we have a least 3 vertices in the group we tested. So we allowed an empty group somewhere in the beginning. This should be fixed. Of course I am not sure if I really found all errors.

To check for additional errors I need the file itself. Elvaerwyn and I, we have done a lot of assets and had no similar problems.

You can upload the blend file here. If you you do not want to send it to all, because the asset is your private one, create a copy and reduce the geometry (but the error should of course stay). This will help me a lot. I know where it happens but not the reason ;)

Greetings
punkduck
punkduck

Postby mahu27 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi punkduck

sure I can upload, please find attached.

It is my first try to create something like clothes, so it is pretty simple. It is based on some other cloth, and I deleted all vertex groups. Then I let Blender recreate the groups and I deleted (so I thought) all empty ones, but I missed two. After deleting them it now worked to create the blouse.

Thanks

Best regards
mahu27
Attachments
RedBlouse.blend
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 406 times
mahu27

Postby punkduck » Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi

I see that we have a disadvantage between old MakeClothes and the new one. I am not sure, either you took a fully rigged character via mhx2 export or you used the socket communicator.
In both cases the human can be fully rigged. If it has a skeleton, Blender needs as many groups as you have active bones (bones which influence parts of the body).

When you make a direct weight-transfer inside blender (the way to build clothes without MakeHuman) exactly these vertex-groups are then moved to the piece of cloth.

But that's not what you need for MakeClothes.

So best is (for a blouse) to create only one vertex-group for the blouse itself. Assign all vertices of the blouse to this group. Then select the body of the exported mesh and create an additional group called "blouse" on the body. Select all vertices under the blouse (+ at least one additional row for arms, neck and body like in the demo picture) for your blouse.

blouse.png
blouse-vertex group on body

So that's the way it should work. Normally the body only needs this one group when you create a piece of cloth.

Nevertheless blender should not create a traceback error. I will use a different method now to avoid this. Thank you for the example. It would be my test scenario.

And yes ,,, we need a good tutorial and may be some predefined bodies with and without helper like in the old tool. I have some on my box, also special ones for t-pose and one with high-heels shapekey.

A blouse will work better on the helper geometry because different breast sizes will produce funny effects ... I hope for the beginning this helps. Thank you for the example.
punkduck

Postby mahu27 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi

thanks a lot. I am all new to Blender, Makehuman etc

Your explanation really helps, very much appreciated

Best regards
mahu27
mahu27

Postby punkduck » Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 pm

Yepp, change is done.

I will allow empty vertex groups for the clothes nevertheless and skip them.

Reason could be like that: one start with shirt and only do the torso-section and no arms and do a first test in MakeHuman.
Three groups should be used, torso, arm.l, arm.r . All three groups are already created on body and arm-groups are still empty for the piece of cloth. (*)

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/community-plugins-makeclothes/commit/ee6fe5cfaef52806c16e4c55db09939cca906f07

I tried the assigned groups you did btw. ... looked funny. The difference is, a beginner will often find errors we will not find. When we test we often do steps we are used to. And as you can see, there could be a reason for an empty group, which makes sense of course.

So yes we should do a tutorial also.

And hey no need to apologize, 6 years ago, I installed blender, there was a cube in the middle and I was not able to figure out what to do. So I saved diskspace and deleted it again. :?

True story
Greetings punkduck
punkduck

Previous

Return to Blender and MPFB