Want to make my own

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Want to make my own

Postby Danewilliams » Mon May 04, 2020 4:13 am

I am trying to make my own hero hoods and masks using different meshes, because I don't know what clothes in MakeClothes to use. How culturalibre makes his, I don't know, but I want to make some like his, without copying his.
What clothes should I use in MakeClothes or should I use separate meshes? And what should I do to make an Iron Man suit, Body, tights, or meshes?
Please, be specific about it.
Thank you.
Danewilliams

Re: Want to make my own

Postby joepal » Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am

You should:

1. download the makehuman nightly build (see http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... ownload%3F)
2. In this zip you will find makehuman, makehuman plugin for blender, makeclothes and makeskin
3. Download and install blender 2.82 if you don't have it already
4. Install and enable MPFB, makeclothes and makeskin in blender
5. In the settings part of MPFB load the settings for makeclothes
6. Import a character from MH
7. In the makeclothes panel click "extract" and pick the clothes helper group you think sound most like what you want. Probably "tights" in your case.
8. Change this mesh so it looks like what you want
9. Use makeskin to create a material
10. Check makeskin checkbox on the makecloths button.
11. Produce clothes.

We will not be able to tell you how to do general mesh modeling in blender. This require practise and blender know-how. Please refer to youtube tutorials for this.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader