Need help with mask

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Need help with mask

Postby Danewilliams » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:39 am

I have a problem: I am trying to make a superheroes mask, but when I send it to Makehuman, it doesn't come out right. The ears are sticking out. How do I fix that?
what I made.png
This is what I made for makehuman.
what is wrong.png
This is what happened
how I want it.png
This is how I want the mask to be.
Danewilliams

Re: Need help with mask

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Allo! The simplest way to pipe this without these areas seen, such as ears- if they are not part of the overall look of the model is to use delete group. If you want a more realistic look that the mask is pulled over the ear tissue just pull the mask away from skull some before porting. Z depth may help here a little bit, possibly add some depth to the mask before hitting make clothes.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Danewilliams » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Elvaerwyn wrote:Allo! The simplest way to pipe this without these areas seen, such as ears- if they are not part of the overall look of the model is to use delete group. If you want a more realistic look that the mask is pulled over the ear tissue just pull the mask away from skull some before porting. Z depth may help here a little bit, possibly add some depth to the mask before hitting make clothes.

Thank you for that, but I'm afraid I don't understand how.
Danewilliams

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Danewilliams wrote:
Elvaerwyn wrote:Allo! The simplest way to pipe this without these areas seen, such as ears- if they are not part of the overall look of the model is to use delete group. If you want a more realistic look that the mask is pulled over the ear tissue just pull the mask away from skull some before porting. Z depth may help here a little bit, possibly add some depth to the mask before hitting make clothes.

NP fair enough. Which version of makeclothes are you using out of curiosity, the old one or the new one made by punkduck? In short the delete group is the best choice and this is achieved by assigning the vertexes of the dummy that you wish to be hidden and assigning this as a group to the delete group of vertexes. I hope that made some semblance of sense.
Elvaerwyn

Postby Danewilliams » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Elvaerwyn wrote:
Danewilliams wrote:

NP fair enough. Which version of makeclothes are you using out of curiosity, the old one or the new one made by punkduck? In short the delete group is the best choice and this is achieved by assigning the vertexes of the dummy that you wish to be hidden and assigning this as a group to the delete group of vertexes. I hope that made some semblance of sense.

The version I'm using is MakeClothes 2.
Danewilliams

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:18 am

K that's great, as with that version you can name the delete group anything you like once selected and write the name in the box for this (delete- group on base mesh)
Elvaerwyn

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader