New materials and stuff

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

New materials and stuff

Postby Danewilliams » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:28 pm

These questions are for culturalibre. I have superhero and supervillain ideas in my head and what you have added to Makehuman is very helpful and useful.

My only questions are, is it okay for me to create my own hero stuff using what you made for my characters, such as materials and clothes, and how do you make the masks and gloves?
Danewilliams

Re: New materials and stuff

Postby MTKnife » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:19 am

On the page for each asset, you can see its license: Creative Commons Zero in this case, so you can do whatever you want with them.

As to your other question, you should probably clarify whether you're asking about the workflow for the assets themselves, or just the materials. For materials, you just need to create a PNG file in similar format, and then edit the material file (MHMAT). (It's also possible to create materials in Blender and export them through MakeClothes--that's more powerful but considerably more complicated).

For making the clothes themselves, see the wiki entry on MakeClothes: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... on:Clothes
MTKnife

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader