MakeWalk and Blender 2.8x

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

MakeWalk and Blender 2.8x

Postby Calpgrmr » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Greetings. Is MakeWalk ready for Blender 2.8x?

If it is there, maybe I just missed it. I use MakeWalk quite a lot, and until it is ready I will continue to use 2.79.

Cheers, Cal
Calpgrmr

Re: MakeWalk and Blender 2.8x

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 am

MakeWalk will not work. Thomas is providing a new tool with a slightly changed name: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/ret ... rc/master/. Works for me, though my last test was performed about a month ago.
Aranuvir

Postby Calpgrmr » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:47 pm

Aranuvir wrote:MakeWalk will not work. Thomas is providing a new tool with a slightly changed name: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/ret ... rc/master/. Works for me, though my last test was performed about a month ago.

Thanks. Added in 2.81, but doesn't seem to work. Any "tricks" or "gotchas" that I need to know?

I loaded a mhx2 file, then in pose mode clicked Load and Retarget BVH - Cal
Calpgrmr

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:39 pm

Have to do lots of guesswork here, since you do not really explain what you're doing.
Depends mainly on your source and target rigs. And checking the console for errors could be helpful, too...
Aranuvir

Postby Calpgrmr » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:38 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Have to do lots of guesswork here, since you do not really explain what you're doing.
Depends mainly on your source and target rigs. And checking the console for errors could be helpful, too...

1. I import a MHX2
2. In pose mode I Load and Retarget

I'll attach the console screen shot
Attachments
BVHerr.png
Calpgrmr

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:48 pm

As I said, it depends on your target rig you have selected. IIRC, this shouldn't have worked even with the old version. BTW, there is a bug in the code. You can edit the makehuman.json in the target_rigs folder to "name" : "Makehuman". Then you'll get a proper warning for using an inadequate target rig.
Aranuvir

Postby Calpgrmr » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Thank you for your help!

Load And Retarget is working now. :D However, the Facial Shapes and Visemes do not work any more. But they used to. :x

So here's the long story (that I've been avoiding) ...

In the past:

Import MHX2 with the following settings

Override Exported Data enabled

Face Shapes and Face Shape Drivers enabled

Rig Type: Exported

Facial Shapes and Visemes was working fine. But not the new Load And Retarget.

Now, with your help:

Import MHX2 with the following settings

Override Exported Data enabled

Face Shapes and Face Shape Drivers enabled

Rig Type: MHX or Exported MHX

As I said, Load And Retarget is working now. However, the Facial Shapes and Visemes do not work any more (whether I load a BVH or not).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Cal
Calpgrmr

Postby Calpgrmr » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm

UPDATE

OMG! Visemes ARE working :o

It's a little funky so far though. I noticed that the face shape driver values WERE changing, but the screen doesn't refresh. At the moment I just highlight one of the values, and simply click Enter - and then the screen refreshes. I'll keep playing with it.
Calpgrmr

Postby AssetDK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:42 am

Calpgrmr wrote:UPDATE
OMG! Visemes ARE working :o ...

I'm trying to make this happen with the MHX2 runtime link, and I currently have two problems. The first is that shape keys are not transferred to Blender, probably I need to use the MHX2 file import for now?
The 2nd problem is that i get errors... the latest error is however very informative: [img]BVH1.png[/img] - as there is a http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/ - however the exact link - diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/bvh-retargeter.html - is not working for me!

I wonder if I can somehow apply MHX or Exported MHX, with the runtime link?

Other files from Thomas Larsson https://bitbucket.org/%7Bb4ac3592-fd48-4ef5-8045-29db20ae3a7c%7D appears to be focused on DAZ.
Attachments
BVH1.png
BVH1.png (20.13 KiB) Viewed 11933 times
AssetDK

Postby AssetDK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:20 am

Nope - this is not working for me. I either get the above error, or I get an error regarding 'Object transform', when I do that I also get the above error... :(
AssetDK

Next

Return to Blender and MPFB