Base Mesh of Asian Character and Asian Face

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Base Mesh of Asian Character and Asian Face

Postby Snowwolf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:49 am

It is a problem that the current makehuman system cannot model the Asian characters well especially in faces.
I have seen there are discussions in the community and find few plugins there which help a little bit.
But such plugins still cannot make good effect. After reading some paper, I find the generally called Asians are quite a hetereogenius group, which means they can be classified to different subgroups from different origins. The common daily-seen Asians mostly are mixture from them but been dominated by one type.
Therefore, it is difficult to make much sliders to solve the problem. Some may be useful, like the one adjust eyebrow higher.
My thought toward this problem is make many basemeshes. One [good-looking] basemesh is most suitable for those who looks similar towards it, and the sliders are for adjusting.
Such thought can fit many needs, besides the realistic human figures, it can also satisfy a need of Chinese magic game Styled characters.
Since there had been a set of anime characters in makehuman, I think my thought is feasible--they can function in the makehuman system.

My plans are to firstly establish one male and one female basemesh for one certain type of [good-looking] Asians. Then distribute them with CC0 license to help amateurs to make other types with them.
I can do the mesh. But I need to know how to make them a makehuman basemesh.
If any one can give me some help or help me transferring the mesh to makehuman basemesh, I would thanks him a lot.
Snowwolf

Re: Base Mesh of Asian Character and Asian Face

Postby Skalldyrssuppe » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:06 pm

i cant really help as such unless you count moral support, its an awsome idea. good luck.
Skalldyrssuppe

Postby Snowwolf » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Skalldyrssuppe wrote:i cant really help as such unless you count moral support, its an awsome idea. good luck.

I got confused with"count moral support", am I trying to do something bad???
What do you mean by that?
Snowwolf

Postby loki1950 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 pm

He's just saying that since dose not have the skills personally to help you he is wishing you support very simple no need to say you are doing anything wrong.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Snowwolf » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:03 pm

loki1950 wrote:He's just saying that since dose not have the skills personally to help you he is wishing you support very simple no need to say you are doing anything wrong.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Well, I see now. Thank you for explain me that.

By the way, do you think this be a quite difficult task? I made a model of my "beautiful" Asian woman. Is it really difficult to make it a basemesh to be used in Makehuman?
Snowwolf

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 pm

The problem is not only the basemesh but also the targets, which are in other words simple shape keys and need to be redone if the basemesh get changed.

Running

Code: Select all
user@host:[..]/makehuman/data/targets$ find . -type f -iname "*.target" | wc -l

returned 1258 targets. Probably a bit of work to be accomplished. And I'm not sure if some mesh specific information got hard coded...
Aranuvir

Postby Snowwolf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Aranuvir wrote:The problem is not only the basemesh but also the targets, which are in other words simple shape keys and need to be redone if the basemesh get changed.

Running

Code: Select all
user@host:[..]/makehuman/data/targets$ find . -type f -iname "*.target" | wc -l

returned 1258 targets. Probably a bit of work to be accomplished. And I'm not sure if some mesh specific information got hard coded...

Towards this problem, I plan to deal with such way:
First, find a good topology basemesh. Then change it just in the vertex position to my wanted effect.
Since the vertex is not added or deleted, I think it is easy to get the target? I don't know the actual mechanism of it, so I just guess.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I have already done is that I edited and exported the model from makehuman. I find it reserved the vertex in Blender. Is there a easier way to make it a basemesh? since I did not delete or add any vertex in blender.
Snowwolf

Return to Community discussions