OBJ exporter

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

OBJ exporter

Postby AlexanderAA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:31 pm

I may be overlooking something, if so please let me know. I've noticed that when exporting in .obj the mesh's head becomes detached from it's body. Is this for animation purposes? It would be nice to have a toggle to be able to export a fully connected mesh.

Also, is there any place on the site that predicts a release-date of the next Version?
I've seen the forums where you can track the progress.

I am making a donation as soon as I get paid & after the next release. I already like this product better than many high-end 3D tools that I've used.

-Alex
AlexanderAA

Re: OBJ exporter

Postby crayotic » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:11 am

And on the same subject, I would like see options for exporting as an OBJ without the eyebrows/eyelashes/eyes/teeth/inner mouth or any combination of the previous. My goal is to import makehuman meshes into Zbrush, but many of those polygons do not work well or are uneccessary in Zbrush and need deleting in another application before the mesh is useable.
crayotic

Re: OBJ exporter

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:26 am

The obj exporter will be rewritten in python, for MH_phoenix. All problems should be fixed.
Manuel

Return to User contributions