Makehuman to Mixamo Texture problem

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Makehuman to Mixamo Texture problem

Postby Verstnatrx » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:25 pm

I been trying to export my Makehuman character as .fbx file to Mixamo. However the character is textured in all white when I do that. The animation and everything works fine but the textures are the problem here.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or if there is any work around for it? I would greatly appreciate any help.

My plan is to use Makehuman to create characters, use Mixamo for animating the Makehuman characters then using it in my unity game project. And everything would have been perfect if it weren't for the texture problem with Mixamo :cry:
Verstnatrx

Re: Makehuman to Mixamo Texture problem

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Currently we cannot recommend the direct fbx pipeline from MakeHuman. If you need a rigged character there are definitely some issues. The exporter is based on some 2013 code, ported from Blender. If you absolutely need fbx, bring your model to Blender using makehuman-plugin-for-blender or mhx2 and try to export from there.
Aranuvir

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests