New Skins

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

New Skins

Postby tozan35 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:40 am

I liked the Blue Skin Leopard (CC0). I wanted to know if any Make Human Users are going to make some more Alien or Animal Skins
or how we can create make these skins as I'm doing a non profit Sci-Fi Interactive Dialog RPG Game.
tozan35

Re: New Skins

Postby MargaretToigo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm

The skins that come with MakeHuman are public domain (the stamp is right there on the texture), so you can do whatever you want with them. I made this one in GIMP, using a texture layer with the human skin set to Grain Merge, and some Colorizing...

young_lightskinned_male_diffuseGreenSnake.png
Green Snake Skin

Look at it, download it, use it, the UV mapping is the same.

Here is the GIMP file so you can see how it's done...

young_lightskinned_male_diffuseGreenSnake.xcf
GIMP file
(20.2 MiB) Downloaded 768 times

And if you don't have GIMP, you should, it's better than Photoshop and it's free.
MargaretToigo

Postby loki1950 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm

I prefer Krita over the GIMP.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby MargaretToigo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 am

Everybody has a preference :D

...or it's just whatever we're used to. Years ago, I was used to Photoshop for a long time because it's what we had, then it expired and I found GIMP.

I had never even heard of Krita before. It looks interesting, though. I love open source stuff.
MargaretToigo

Postby MargaretToigo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:06 am

So here's what Green Snake Dude looks like rendered...

GreenSnakeDude.png
Green Snake Dude

He really needs higher resolution eyes, but those were what I had that I'm allowed to share.

And the .blend file to see how it works...

GreenSnakeDude.blend
The .blend
(13.97 MiB) Downloaded 701 times

(I made that awful alien planet background some time ago and now it's got a purpose.)
MargaretToigo

Postby tozan35 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 am

Snake Skin Looks Good Margaret.

I have quite a few characters in my game. Because I'm doing a game with different worlds.
tozan35

Postby MargaretToigo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 am

Well, you can have Green Snake Dude. :) Do whatever you want with him. :geek: I made him in about twenty minutes and it only took that long because I obsessed over getting the bump texture right.
MargaretToigo

Postby tozan35 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:01 am

Hmm I had trouble getting my custom skin to show up in Make Human.....Won't show up in the skins list.... So I' not sure how you go about getting make human to show the skin in the list. Not sure what I done wrong.

In data/skins I made a folder called blue_alien
in the folder it I put the following files
bluealien.mhmat
bluealien.thumb (this I can't do a render of yet to do a screenshot because I can't even get the custom skin to show up in make human in the skins list)
bluealien_diffuse.png

In the Mhmat file I put the following.

name bluealien
tag bluealien

diffuseTexture bluealien_diffuse.png
diffuseColor 1 1 1
specularColor 0.1 0.1 0
shininess 1.0
emissiveColor 1 1 0
opacity 1.0
translucency 0.0

So not sure why its not showing up in list.

There's also another issue I want to resolve because I don't have enough knowledge yet of Make Human. In The Render Scene, The David Skin (and other skins) is showing up as error no skin texture, but the skins shows up ok in the normal make human mode, (its just in render draw mode) that the skin will not show up on the face but if the skins do not show up their texture when switching into Render draw mode in make Human then when I import the model, then this causes Unreal engine 4 to render the skin as an invisible texture.

Has anyone made any more sci fi clothing yet for make human?

In Blender I also found a similar issue with the Quinola Clothing with the Chinese Dragon on it, you can see the texture render in Make Human, and it renders ok also in the render draw setting, but it renders it completely invisible when you load it up in the Blender editor and all you see is just the clothing mesh outlines but no textures are rendering in Blender.... I cannot get the texture to even show up. So what is causing Blender to not want to render this Clothing?

the site with the game I'm making in unreal engine 4
http://www.tozan35.weebly.com
tozan35

Postby Everret » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:51 am

Hey hey I know this is an old thread but I am happy I can finally contribute. Let me say that I am a huge Make Human fan. I just started following the facebook and I will comment on there. With out further delay I have here a 4k make human skin texture! I used some software online at https://letsenhance.io/boost and I think it has turned out great!
Attachments
young_lightskinned_male_diffuse3_auto_x2.jpg
Everret

Postby Everret » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:08 am

Here is the before and after. You can really see the different on the pores on the nose.
Attachments
before and after.png
Zoom in
Everret

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader