body joints, batch configurable model

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

body joints, batch configurable model

Postby dfxh » Wed May 29, 2019 7:17 pm

I have two "connected" questions:
1)
does the human model consist of joints (which joints does it have?) and can the joint model be "visualized" as a "stick figure"?
If yes which joints does it have and are there "actors" to move the final model afterwards and are all things such as skin, cloth etc. "dependent" from the joint movement?

2)
as far as I have seen the "makehuman" process is an interatcive mouse configuration of a humanlike model.
However can a model be configured or created by a script and/or configfile? And more important can I input "body measurements" instead of "mouse slider positions"?
e.g. I have measurement tables of certain "body measurements" such as "height, leg length, arm length, waist, foot size, .......".

Especially when I want to generate masses of "different" humans in "batch mode".
dfxh

Re: body joints, batch configurable model

Postby loki1950 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm

First off makehuman has no code for posing all posing is/can be done in blender all makehuman does is provide the binding of a skeleton to the mesh with the applicable weight-painting.On your second question yes we do have a scripting interface but entering "real measurements" just will not work as all calculation is done with a para-metric model(slider 1-0) the measurements tab just calculates distances between points on the resultant mesh.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Re: body joints, batch configurable model

Postby RobBaer » Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 pm

loki1950 wrote:First off makehuman has no code for posing

well... except for the pose tab :) . This tab also lets you look at the so-called skeleton which is based on a .bvh file. It is more directly mapped to the concept of Blender bones than the "joint" concept of some other 3D software.

loki1950 wrote:all [real] posing is/can be done in blender all makehuman does is provide the binding of [one of several skeletons to] a [default] skeleton [which in turn is mapped] to the mesh with the applicable weight-painting.

-- see additions above

loki1950 wrote:On your second question yes we do have a scripting interface but entering "real measurements" just will not work as all calculation is done with a para-metric model(slider 1-0) the measurements tab just calculates distances between points on the resultant mesh.

Enjoy the Choice :)

That said, scripting IS POSSIBLE and can be accessed through the scripting tab. But as Loki said, it can't produce physical dimensions - only relative ones. You might also want to look at what Joel's "Mass Produce" plugin on the community tab in the `1.2.0 alpha 3 version.
RobBaer

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests