How to download clothes and targets for Makehuman?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

How to download clothes and targets for Makehuman?

Postby flattermann » Sun May 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi, I am new here and my question comes following the youtube Video 'Using and Installing Assets'. If I am trying to right-click the titel of an proxy or topology I only get a html link and not a target.file? What can I do with such a link? :?:
Thank you for answering.
best regards
Christian
flattermann

Re: How to download clothes and targets for Makehuman?

Postby RobBaer » Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm

My best suggestion is to download the latest version 1.2.0 alpha3 and then use the asset downloader in the right most tab. http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Releases:120a3 see item 12 in TOC for download link. This will save you hours of aggravation working with file paths and downloading files 1 by 1.

Alternatively, use a different browser, e.g., chrome should overcome your issue.
RobBaer

Postby loki1950 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 pm

This is a known issue with both M$ Edge and OSX Safari both do not allow save link as M$ and Apple consider this to be dangerous to naive users.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby flattermann » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 am

RobBaer wrote:....Alternatively, use a different browser, e.g., chrome should overcome your issue.

Thank you for answering, I am using Chrome! I am a totally beginner and so I thought, it is the best installing the stable Version 1.1.1
Which browser I could use? Firefox is very rigid and I couldn't imagine it would allow the download. How could I allow Chrome in the settings to download the files?

best regards,
Christian

EDIT: No need changing my Chrome-Browser. I downloaded the new AlphaVersion and found the cothes. Thanks for help 8-)
flattermann

Postby RobBaer » Mon May 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Chrome and Firefox should both work. If Chrome is not, my second best guess is you are in the wrong place when you right click.

Go to: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes.html There is a list of clothes. If you want, for example, the leather vest, click on the word leather vest. Now you are on http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... _vest.html. Scroll down and, one by one, RIGHT click on the links to vest.mhclo, vest.obj, vest.mhmat, the optional bump map texture image, and the option bump map image and choose the "save link as..." option to save them. Ultimately put them in a folder you create for that purpose in your data directory.

OR better

go ahead and use the alpha which is incredibly stable for an alpha and use the asset downloader which is meant just exactly to improve the life experience of newbees. You need to sink once and then you will need to know nothing except how to click on the asset of interest.
RobBaer

Postby flattermann » Tue May 14, 2019 9:25 am

Thank you again BobBear,
you haven't read my EDIT? All is OK now. :)
flattermann

Return to Newbies