Help for using targets downloaded directly on this site

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Help for using targets downloaded directly on this site

Postby AyaTendou » Sat May 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Hello!

My name is Aya, I just started using this software today and I am very exited about it!

I am a newbe and my understanding of computering and softwares is very limited so I am asking for help...

I downloaded various targets from this site and I am exited to discover them... But the problem is: How do I use them? I don't even know where I must save them to have them activated.
There is absolutely no explanations on how to do it and my search request is refused in the forum because the word "target" is too common...

Can someone please light me up?

Thanks a lot.
AyaTendou

Re: Help for using targets downloaded directly on this site

Postby RobBaer » Sat May 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Let's assume you are using Windows and Makehuman 1.2.0 alpha 3 and downloaded the elf ears using the community asset manager for the purpose of giving instructions.

Now go to Modeling > custom tab. On the right panel, click rescan targets (if necessary). On the left hand panel you should now see a new slider labeled "elf ears". Drag this slider to the right and release. Your human should now have elf ears.

The target(s) will be saved in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1py3\data\custom

You're on fire! :D
RobBaer

Re: Help for using targets downloaded directly on this site

Postby AyaTendou » Sat May 11, 2019 5:35 pm

It worked perfectly!

Thank you so much for your help! :)
AyaTendou

Return to Newbies