Measurements

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

Measurements

Postby Supreetha » Tue May 07, 2019 9:37 am

Hi,
If I generate a model by setting values between 0.0 and 1.0 for all the 20 parameters that can be measured, its measurements are displayed in the Modelling | Measures tab and sliders, either in centimeters or inches depending on the scale chosen. Can I export all these measured parameters into a document, without having to manually note down the values?
Supreetha

Re: Measurements

Postby MTKnife » Wed May 08, 2019 12:00 am

I"m pretty sure there's no functionality for that. That being said, since each of those is, at some point, stored as a variable, adding that functionality wouldn't be that hard, if you know some Python.
MTKnife

Postby joepal » Wed May 08, 2019 5:16 am

If you take a look in _ui.py in MHAPI, you can find a method getTaskView(). This gives you access to a python object implementing a tab.

Worst case you could access the measurements tab and read its internal variables, and work from there.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Supreetha » Wed May 08, 2019 5:37 am

Thank you for your answers @joepal and @MTKnife.
Supreetha

Postby Supreetha » Fri May 10, 2019 4:29 am

joepal wrote:If you take a look in _ui.py in MHAPI, you can find a method getTaskView(). This gives you access to a python object implementing a tab.

Worst case you could access the measurements tab and read its internal variables, and work from there.

Can you please tell me how the MakeHuman software measures the "lowerarm length" and "upperleg height" parameters?
I want to know if the palm is also considered for lowerarm length or if it's measured till the wrist point.
For upperleg height, pls tell me which points are considered for its measurement.

Thanks in advance.
Supreetha

Postby RobBaer » Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Supreetha wrote:Can you please tell me how the MakeHuman software measures the "lowerarm length" and "upperleg height" parameters?
I want to know if the palm is also considered for lowerarm length or if it's measured till the wrist point.
For upperleg height, pls tell me which points are considered for its measurement.
Thanks in advance.

These measures are crude approximations made by looking at linear distances between two points. If you move the slider of interest (and release), you will see white lines on the model that show what is being measured. For the lower arm it is roughly elbow to wrist. For the upper arm it is shoulder to elbow.
RobBaer

Postby Mareh » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:59 pm

joepal wrote:If you take a look in _ui.py in MHAPI, you can find a method getTaskView(). This gives you access to a python object implementing a tab.

Hi, I was trying to access this method getTaskView() unfortunately I am not sure how to do it properly... (any tip appreciated :) )

My question is could you please tell me how the MakeHuman software sets the "height" parameter? I understand that it is dependable on other variables, but I was not able to find exact formula in the python scripts.

Thanks in advance
Mareh

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:56 am

Code: Select all
h = G.app.selectedHuman
h.setHeight(height=0.0<SomeFloat<=1.0, updateModifier=True)
h.getHeight()
h.getHeightCm()
Aranuvir

Return to Python scripts