change measurements

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

change measurements

Postby iolabarria003 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:31 pm

hi,
Can the 19 measurements be changed before starting Makehuman?
I mean, if you have youre 19 measurements measured and you want to see the dumpy with the 19 measurements...

For example, change the measurements from the code.

thanks
iolabarria003

Re: change measurements

Postby duststorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:10 pm

You can use the commandline fork, and set values for the measurement modifiers: http://bugtracker.makehuman.org/projects/commandline
You cannot input absolute measures at this time, though, only scaled values between 0 and 1.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Supreetha » Mon May 06, 2019 10:00 am

duststorm wrote:You can use the commandline fork, and set values for the measurement modifiers: http://bugtracker.makehuman.org/projects/commandline
You cannot input absolute measures at this time, though, only scaled values between 0 and 1.

Hi can I please know if other measures can be input, apart from using [-1 1] or [0 1] range values?
Also, are there other modifiers in the software whose range can be mapped to the measurements of real people?
Could you please tell me the scale mapping as well, i.e., a value of 0.2 corresponds to how much in metric or imperial scale?
Supreetha

Postby RobBaer » Mon May 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Supreetha wrote:Hi can I please know if other measures can be input, apart from using [-1 1] or [0 1] range values?
Also, are there other modifiers in the software whose range can be mapped to the measurements of real people?
Could you please tell me the scale mapping as well, i.e., a value of 0.2 corresponds to how much in metric or imperial scale?

No there are not other "measures" in the sense you mean. The slider numbers represent proportional movement from current value for a set of vertices toward an arbitrarily defined target of interest. As such, there is no strict calibration, but internal representations in MH are done in decimeters I believe. For best behavior for Blender export (in my mind), you should scale things using meters, i.e. 1 m = 1 Blender unit.
RobBaer

Return to General discussions about makehuman