Blender 2.8 and Make Human Path Problem

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Blender 2.8 and Make Human Path Problem

Postby smutnut » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Hope I put this in the correct place. Am new here.

Not a pro with either of these programs (Blender or MakeHuman), but having this path issue. I have Blender 2.8 on a "D" drive and that newest release of MakeHuman (Make Human Community maybe ?) on my "C" (start up drive) and I am getting path errors when importing with the MakeHuman (MHX2 Runtime) toolbar. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to manually correct the path the way you can with other scripts like the Daz importer. I can import into Blender 2.79 which is on my C drive, but am trying to retire that program.

Just curious if there is a good procedure for installing the new Blender beta and MakeHuman beta so they work together. I am assuming on the C drive, but do I need to do completely clean installs and if so how should I do that. Thanks.

A couple links to good install info for this type of setup is fine. Links to someone who fixed this type of problem would be even better.

Thanks so much in advance
smutnut

Re: Blender 2.8 and Make Human Path Problem

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm not sure about your problem. The MHX importer should work irregardless of the mhx2-file location. Could you provide the error message?
Aranuvir

Postby smutnut » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Aranuvir wrote:I'm not sure about your problem. The MHX importer should work irregardless of the mhx2-file location. Could you provide the error message?

I'm trying to attach an image file. See if this works
Attachments
BLENDER ERROR.jpg
smutnut

Postby smutnut » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Also there is this. You can see something is imported but there is nothing there
Attachments
mhx2 Tools.jpg
smutnut

Postby smutnut » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Here's that first image a little larger so you can see it. Thanks and apologies.
Attachments
BLENDER ERROR 2.jpg
smutnut

Postby joepal » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:13 pm

It is possible that something isn't matching between blender 2.8 and the mhx version for 2.8. Blender is still changing around quite a lot, and sometimes that breaks stuff.

I'm not sure I understand though. I don't see anything about a path in the error you are pasting. What path errors are we talking about?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby smutnut » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm

joepal wrote:It is possible that something isn't matching between blender 2.8 and the mhx version for 2.8. Blender is still changing around quite a lot, and sometimes that breaks stuff.

I'm not sure I understand though. I don't see anything about a path in the error you are pasting. What path errors are we talking about?

Thanks for the look

I'm not really sure if it is a path problem myself. I am going by my limited knowledge of setting up a DAZ importer script which I always have to keep changing my runtime path for everytime I download a new version of Blender 2.8 usually because the main folder is named something differen't numerically.

Also, as mentioned I have Blender 2.8 on the D drive and these errors are referring to my C drive. I do have Blender 2.79 on my C drive but I was just learning it and am not as comfortable with it as 2.8 so I was trying to do most things on that unless it was a tutorial I needed 2.79 for.

I may try deleting Blender 2.8 completely and downloading a version to my C drive along with 2.79. Reason I didn't do it in the first place was because I didn't want conflicts and wasn't even sure I was going to begin using it for a long time. I would like to clean out all my scripts and what not for a fresh install, but think some of the stuff is connected to my C drive and 2.79 so don't want to foul up my entire system as I don't really know what I am doing.

Thanks again
smutnut

Postby loki1950 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:40 am

Differing versions of blender on the same drive will not conflict they keep there configuration data in separate and appropriately named folders.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby smutnut » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 am

loki1950 wrote:Differing versions of blender on the same drive will not conflict they keep there configuration data in separate and appropriately named folders.

Enjoy the Choice :)

How does it (2.8) remember most of your add ons (even if it messes up some) when I drag the old extracted folder into the trash before replacing it with the new download update?

Maybe this procedure is even the problem

Thanks
smutnut

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Your error message makes me wonder if you're using the latest version of mhx2. It is not any kind of path problem.
Aranuvir

Next

Return to Newbies