the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby Mindfront » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Great dress, like the color and especially the ribbon skirt.

Weighted shrink-wrap, yes, funny I forgot it's possible :oops: Thanks for the reminder :D

punkduck wrote:It works rather fine until arms or hands are touching the painted areas. Unfortunately the complete body is selected as object to shrink to, maybe a duplicated and animated but invisible body without arms, head and feet might even work better ..., but I managed it at least.
Thats sounds like a good solution to try.

punkduck wrote:Btw.: Evi changed a bit in face region, I used blender to move the eyebrows to this lower location. Until now, no target is able to simulate this (maybe I will add a target somewhen), but slowly Evi matches more and more the original girl, whoever that may be.
Our characters are in constant metamorphosis :D Never finished... :geek:

Looking forward to try your mhx2 exporter.
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Elvaerwyn did another dress, where I first had no idea, where she had this idea from. But it was too extraordinary not to do a scene with it.

Since the dress has similarities with dresses used in World of Warcraft, I decided to create a location similar to the throne of tides. It is a free interpretation so, the throne should not be like marble or other real materials, it should be colourful and playful like in the game itself.

Since I am no gamer, I had to create it from a single screenshot. I hope it is not that wrong and you like it.

noelia-throne-of-tides.jpg
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Interesting dress. I've never seen a woman wearing something similar to this. And I certainly would remember. :lol:
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 pm

I also want to present something new. I did a treasure chest for Elvaerwyn (see: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16910&start=13) and then decided to create also something which reminds us of pirates. So I searched for fashion combined with the term "pirate" and decided not to take a costume for carnival (although it is carnival season in Germany at the moment :D ).

So here is something between steampunk style and cosplay of course. The boots are made by Elv ... corset and blouse are new. I will add the new clothes to the assets later.

leska-pirate.jpg
punkduck

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:01 am

Very nice work, cannot wait to see the outfit get a true workout! XD
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby punkduck » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Well Elv, it took some time to create a flintlock pistol (based on a 17th century English King William III dragoon pistol) to equip a more meaningful scenery. The weapon is rather big (approx. 50 cm long, but weight is less than 2 kg as far as I know). So presenting "pirate"-fashion is now combined with stealing (or defeating?) jewelry. The jewelry is a resized version of the earrings my friend Elvaerwyn made (I used it for a picture with Noelia before).

Well decide yourself, if the weapon is more dangerous for the person who shoots or for the opponent :?
Btw.: after the photo-shooting I have to bring back the weapon to the museum ... otherwise I will have problems ... :roll:

leska_pirate_flintlock.jpg

(the pistol is quad-only ... maybe I pipe it through makeclothes :mrgreen: )
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Very cool scene and very cool flintlock. This pirate theme has all the makings of a very cool movie or a very cool game.

Who knew the girls were time travelers as well as models.
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Slowly I was running out of ideas. But then I got a task, which kept me busy for nearly 3 weeks ... something technical, so that I can go wild on details ... :D

Elv proposed, I should create a motorcycle for my MH characters. But not one of these "yogurt cups", as we call these motorcycles with fairings in Germany (yogurt cup: outside plastics, inside power). A naked bike ... and an U.S. American classic one ... and of course customized.

Well I like vintage vehicles, but I don't even have a license to drive a motorbike, so I started with a knowledge of a rookie.

But for all of you interested, who are not familiar with these motorcycles here is some information. I modeled a chopper based on a 1956 v-twin panhead Harley Davidson sportster motorcycle. I tried to create most of the parts as they were in the 50s and 60s. So this motorcycle still has drum-brakes, no electric starter and a springer fork in front but no rear suspension. :shock:

Okay chrome and the color are a modern option ... (normally these bikes should also look more used, I know) ;)

Driving one of these demands more skills than a motorcycle of today. If you look for the clutch: it is the lever under the seat. The gear shift is a foot pedal on the left side, which is quite normal, but there are also gear-shifts like the clutch fixed to the tank before.

Because it is rather insecure to take the hands from the handlebar these parts were also called "suicide clutch" and "suicide gear-shift".

Well but a vintage bike is not for racing. Typically you wait for a sunny day. And you meet other enthusiast. Or you simply enjoy a ride somewhere, but not in a crowded city ...

So Xiao now presents this motorbike in district of Central Okanagan in Canada .. an official number plate for vintage motorcycles of British Columbia is also attached.

Now I need some clothes people wear on a Harley. The helmet is already there and will be uploaded soon. I still need some glasses, then I will do another picture ... because Xiao is not only posing, she should also drive.

I took the biker boots from Mindfront and got a loose-fit t-shirt from Elvaerwyn. She also sent me a photo of a more than 20 year old Harley Davidson t-shirt she found somewhere in her wardrobe for the texture.

vintage-motorbike1.jpg

Background is a Wikipedia picture from Kelowna in British Columbia, Canada, called "Upper Cascades at UBC Okanagan" from Futongrab:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Upper_Cascades_(UBC_Okanagan).JPG

ty for the idea and the critique/reviews, Elv :D
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Nice. Great image. I wouldn't change clothing. This way Xiao is a regular young woman with a vintage motorcycle. Yes, I know, it's dangerous to wear jeans and t-shirt when riding this bike, but regular clothes fit much more the topic than the protective outfit that is used nowadays.
wolgade

Postby RobBaer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:17 pm

One cool bike! I can't even imagine how you approached modeling it. Spoked wheels driven by a chain? Beautiful creation.
RobBaer

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery