How do i add whiskers to a character?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

How do i add whiskers to a character?

Postby schleprock » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:08 pm

I noticed that the assets have a beard in them but I am looking for whiskers that are a day or 2 old.

Not well groomed, I am looking for "unkempt".

A Miami Vice - Don Johnson look

Can I make them myself?
I looked in YouTube and the forum here for some idea of how to start but could not find anything.

I am going for a recovering alcoholic, downbeaten, exhausted sort of look.

Attached is my base model (all available in MH). It looks much better in MH than it does in an image format.

Also, when I imported into Blender all his clothes became shiny. He looked more like a shiny, gay, old guy who wants to be cool than a drunk. Any ideas on that?

Also, my level of understanding on 3D projects is somewhere between non-existent and novice, so if there are some preparatory tutorials I need to watch or read that's fine. That way you won't have to hold my hand through the whole thing.
(also, I am not even certain whiskers will help)

Thanks for considering this question
Attachments
Old Rehab Drunk1.jpg
Old Rehab Drunk1.jpg (4.96 KiB) Viewed 5341 times
schleprock

Re: How do i add whiskers to a character?

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:13 am

I consider this topic an asset request. Though I think, you will get best results in a 3D program adding particle hair (e.g. Blender can do this). (But you cannot bring particles back to MH!)
Aranuvir

Postby schleprock » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 pm

OK, I will figure out how to do it there. That is a big help, knowing to use Blender to create the haggard/exhausted look.

I will look for some kind of tutorial on how to do it.

sorry about messing with your organizational protocols. I don't understand the language/terminology yet, but I do completely understand if anyone is going to be able to find anything, there needs to be some way to organize things.

THank you
schleprock

Postby joepal » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:54 pm

The short answer concerning whiskers is that you use MakeClothes to make them. See http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... on:Clothes.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader