Does anyone have pre-centered bvh files?

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Does anyone have pre-centered bvh files?

Postby ROCKINFOXY2365 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 am

The ones from the motion capture libary provided in the link below seem to work with a little effort. I was wondering if someone has these avaible where all ( any amount helps really.) of the entire animations play in the center. The name of the armature used would also be helpful too. This will avoid animation errors.

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/ ... conversion
ROCKINFOXY2365

Re: Does anyone have pre-centered bvh files?

Postby bogdan666 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:41 pm

There is a program called bvh hacker, where you can center animations, set rotations and do some other things. You can simply load any bvh file and manipulate some aspects of it.
bogdan666

Postby RobBaer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm

I not sure what you mean "play in the center". On the right side of the Export is a "feet on ground" check box that is checked by default. Unchecking it will eliminate an offset that normally fixes the way Blender importer deals with skeleton position so the human is walking on the ground plane. Perhaps this will do what you want (not knowing exactly what that is)?

Using the Blender MakeWalk plugin, you can bind CMU .bvh quite seamlessly to the MakeHuman skeleton. Animations will work as expected if the checkbox above is checked.

There is an excel file that contains an index to those files which is the best way to know what is what, but maybe that is not what you mean by name.
RobBaer

Postby ROCKINFOXY2365 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Thank you both for responding.

I am aware of bvh hacker, problem is that sometimes between editing and importing the files into blender the bvh gets do not play properly. Which requires clearing all bone rolls and even then sometimes the files still do not play correctly. This also includes moving every pose in the bvh file frame by frame. And some have thousands of frames. D:

I meant "play on center" as in the entire bvh animation plays in the center of the green and red lines on the "floor" plane in the blender program. Although the make human model does import beautifully into blender. It tends to be off center when a bvh file is imported through the make walk plugin for blender.

Hence I was wondering if anyone has or knows where to find pre-centered bvh files.
ROCKINFOXY2365

Return to Blender and MPFB