mhx2 error

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

mhx2 error

Postby grinsegold » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:12 am

I was notified by blender's preferences that mhx2 was not ported to blender 2.8, but recently it worked flawless in 2.8. Strange. So i downloaded the package again and placed it in .config/blender/... . Here is what happens:
Bildschirmfoto zu 2019-01-24 10-51-47.png
Bildschirmfoto zu 2019-01-24 10-53-10.png

Am i theonly one having this issue?
grinsegold

Re: mhx2 error

Postby joepal » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:02 am

For me, the latest mhx2 source works together with a 2.80 build which is about a month old. I don't get the errors you attach.

There are two sources of errors here. The first is that the mhx2 port to blender 2.80 is a work in progress. From what I understand, some of the functionality has been ported, but by no means all. Second is that blender 2.80 itself is a work in progress. Different builds still behave differently, and something that worked in one build might not work in the next, since they keep changing things around.

I guess you could try a different build of 2.80, but outside that I don't know.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: mhx2 error

Postby RobBaer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:37 pm

grinsegold wrote: So i downloaded the package again and placed it in .config/blender/... . Here is what happens:

If you mean downloaded it from https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/mhx ... downloads/ -- it has worked for me with Blender 2.80 on windows. The version hanging out on the MH GitHub site is an older version still targeted towards Blender 2.79 which is the current official release version.
RobBaer

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman