"Rig presets" missing - unicode issue

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

"Rig presets" missing - unicode issue

Postby radionfire » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:25 am

Hi all, no doubt Makehuman is such a wonderful tool for blender user, thank you so much for everyone who involves the developing.

After installing the 1.2.0a2 I found there is nothing under the "Rig presets" of "Pose/Animate" tab, I have checked the "Documents\makehuman\v1py3\data\rigs" folder of my computer and there is a bunch of skeleton files actually, is there any problem with my setting?

Thank you so much if anyone can help me out with this, cheers.
Attachments
mh_ts.JPG
radionfire

Re: "Rig presets" missing

Postby RobBaer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:01 am

This is definitely not expected behavior.

Did you install using the windows installer or are you running from github source? Also, are other assets like teeth, eyelashes and clothes displaying normally.
RobBaer

Postby radionfire » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 am

RobBaer wrote:This is definitely not expected behavior.

Did you install using the windows installer or are you running from github source? Also, are other assets like teeth, eyelashes and clothes displaying normally.

Hi Rob, thanks for replying.

I launch MH after the windows installer. Only skeleton and expressions tabs are missing. There is no such problem back to 1.1, all other tabs work normally, clothes, eyes, hair, etc.
Attachments
mh_ts2.jpg
radionfire

Postby joepal » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 am

As MH started, there should be an error log. Any chance you could attach those files here?

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _report%3F
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby radionfire » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:08 pm

joepal wrote:As MH started, there should be an error log. Any chance you could attach those files here?

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _report%3F

Hi Joe,

Here are all the log files, I'm alright with the 1.1 version. Looking forward to this issue can be fixed in the future version, thank you so much.
Attachments
python_out.txt
(27 Bytes) Downloaded 389 times
python_err.txt
(12.94 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
makehuman-debug.txt
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
makehuman.log
(31 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
radionfire

Postby joepal » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:45 pm

In your log, it looks as if you did not switch to the pose/animate -> skeleton tab, which is were the error should be. It should have said "showing category pose/animate" towards the end. Alternatively something went very wrong, so that the message could not even be put in the log.

If you did not switch to the malfunctioning tab, can you send another log where you click back and forth between the skeleton and pose tabs a bit?

If you did indeed switch to the tab in the log you sent already, did you notice if there was some kind of error message at the bottom margin of the window, where the progress bars normally appear?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby radionfire » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:15 pm

joepal wrote:In your log, it looks as if you did not switch to the pose/animate -> skeleton tab, which is were the error should be. It should have said "showing category pose/animate" towards the end. Alternatively something went very wrong, so that the message could not even be put in the log.

If you did not switch to the malfunctioning tab, can you send another log where you click back and forth between the skeleton and pose tabs a bit?

If you did indeed switch to the tab in the log you sent already, did you notice if there was some kind of error message at the bottom margin of the window, where the progress bars normally appear?

Hi Joe, yes there is a message at the bottom when I switch to Pose/Animate tab (1.1 doesn't show this),

Recorded at "Utilities\Logs\Warning"

Exception during event onShow
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./core\events3d.py", line 211, in callEvent
method(event)
File "C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\makehuman-community\makehuman\plugins\3_libraries_skeleton\skeletonlibrary.py", line 169, in onShow
self.filechooser.refresh()
File "./lib\filechooser.py", line 894, in refresh
super(ListFileChooser, self).refresh()
File "./lib\filechooser.py", line 580, in refresh
self.loadHandler.refresh(files)
File "./lib\filechooser.py", line 459, in refresh
tags = self.library.getTags(filename = file)
File "./lib\filecache.py", line 266, in getTags
metadata = self.getMetadata(filename)
File "./lib\filecache.py", line 237, in getMetadata
self.updateFileCache(self.getSearchPaths(), self.getFileExtensions(), False)
File "./lib\filecache.py", line 301, in updateFileCache
self._filecache.update(search_paths, file_extensions, self._get_metadata_callback, remove_old_entries)
File "./lib\filecache.py", line 154, in update
self._cache[fileId] = (mtime,) + getMetadata(filepath)
File "./lib\filecache.py", line 192, in _get_metadata_callback
return self.getMetadataImpl(self.getMetadataFile(filename))
File "C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\makehuman-community\makehuman\plugins\3_libraries_skeleton\skeletonlibrary.py", line 253, in getMetadataImpl
return skeleton.peekMetadata(filename)
File "./shared\skeleton.py", line 1453, in peekMetadata
skelData = json.load(io.open(filename, 'r'))
File "json\__init__.py", line 296, in load
UnicodeDecodeError: 'gbk' codec can't decode byte 0xa2 in position 20598: illegal multibyte sequence
radionfire

Postby RobBaer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:01 pm

radionfire wrote:...
File "./shared\skeleton.py", line 1453, in pesekMetadata
skelData = json.load(io.open(filename, 'r'))
File "json\__init__.py", line 296, in load
UnicodeDecodeError: 'gbk' codec can't decode byte 0xa2 in position 20598: illegal multibyte sequence

The ending to this suggests an encoding error. One of the updates to this MH version is better international character support. So far we have not found any problems but this is still lightly used code. What code page are you using for you windows system? Are there any non-ascii characters in your filenames that might be suspects? BTW, what is your coding envirornment?
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 pm

STDOUT ENCODING: cp936
The error es occurring in the json module ...
Aranuvir

Re: "Rig presets" missing - unicode issue

Postby radionfire » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:46 am

Hi all,

I'm currently using an English version windows10 code page:65001, so far as I know there is no Non-Ascii characters have ever been used anywhere on my computer.

I'm just an artist and never code anything at all, so I guess there is nothing I can help further. Would love to try the newer version and see if I can get rid of this error. (btw 1.1 is actually really good enough for me now.)

Thank you so much.
radionfire

Next

Return to Newbies