the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby Mindfront » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 am

punkduck wrote:I had to re-upload picture. These candy canes had Christmas colors. Most funny, Elv told me that, I changed it before uploading and uploaded the wrong picture :roll:
Never noticed if you not mentioned it. :)

punkduck wrote:Yes Andrej is like me, normally people are sometimes really good when they create Halloween costumes etc and dress up as a devil, zombie or whatever. For me it is like wearing a jacket and a hat, that must enough. So I took the devil clothes out of the assets, my jeans and here you go ... :?
Kind people sometimes like to play bad but never acts for real. And sometimes bad people plays kind to act bad for real.
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:46 pm

I did a picture with assets created by my friend Elvaerwyn. You can already download the diamond bra, maybe we will exchange the file to the complete set. The scene was rendered twice in Blender, with and without fireflies, I merged both pictures in GIMP, so that the bra and panty is using the un-clamped version with fireflies. Otherwise the effects of the diamonds would not be visible. The hooka(h)/shisha and the lamp I created today to get some atmosphere. The earrings are sth very special, a fantastic work of Elv. I will do another detailed picture later.

noelia_diamond_underware.jpg
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am

Wow, simply lovely! What a level of detail! It must have taken a while to model these assets.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:02 pm

as promised a detail view of the jewelry ...

noelia_detail_jewelry.jpg
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 pm

An oriental theme? :D Very interesting and appreciated.

I love the design of those diamond underwear. The earrings is outstanding! I think they are the best looking 3D modelled earrings I ever seen :D . They look very expensive, and that is hard to achieve.

punkduck wrote:The hooka(h)/shisha and the lamp I created today to get some atmosphere.
That some serious effort making those modells :o
Mindfront

Postby wolgade » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:30 pm

The jewelry is simply breathtaking. :shock:

Not exactly low poly, I suppose, but anyway, great!
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm

I was sure, that my model Evi has no secrets. But she always was looking in the forum, if there is some lovely guy somewhere. I did not know, how she made it without informing me, but she was able to get in contact with Kamden. First Kamden visited Berlin and then he was moving further to Austria. He just stopped in Nuremberg, then Evi was gone :o

I dunno, it was love at first sight, I guess.
kamden+evi_bench.jpg

kamden+evi_standing.jpg

kamden+evi_on_blanket.jpg

Well Evi will go to Sweden now. But only one copy of her. This is the advantage of virtual people. Thank you Mindfront to make this rendezvous possible and thank you Elvaerwyn for the clothes (since I am not allowed to do the scene with nude characters I could create this scene without doing own further assets :shock: ) . I just enjoyed the collaboration of different forum members!

(background pictures are own pictures made in Mittersill, Austria)
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Evi and Kamden returned safe to Sweden. Kamden always drive keeping the speed limits or slower and half the time Evi drove. It's better to arrive late than never. Two images posted in my thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15545&p=46759#p46759
And punkduck, thank you back, this project was and still is (one image left) great fun. :D
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:59 pm

After a longer time of render-abstinence I did a picture again. The next pictures show the result of weighted shrink-wrap with a hi-poly tri-mesh I got from Elvaerwyn. Using the changed mhx2 exporter it now works without problem using triangles, when I select vertices in Blender.

So after being sure that no skin was outside the dress (e.g. nipples), I activated shrink-wrap to follow the body. But this time only for parts of the dress, so that no latex-dress was created. Here is the weight-painting of Elvs dress (excluding the zipper at the back):

weight_painted_dress.jpg

Red means "follow the body" and blue "stay as you are". It works rather fine until arms or hands are touching the painted areas. Unfortunately the complete body is selected as object to shrink to, maybe a duplicated and animated but invisible body without arms, head and feet might even work better ..., but I managed it at least.

Btw.: Evi changed a bit in face region, I used blender to move the eyebrows to this lower location. Until now, no target is able to simulate this (maybe I will add a target somewhen), but slowly Evi matches more and more the original girl, whoever that may be.

evi_ribbon_dress.jpg

Thanx a lot for the dress, Elv :D
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:46 am

Great dress and Evi improved a lot. Weighted shrinkwrap looks promising, but you could go even further using cloth simulation for the lower part of the dres.
punkduck wrote: It works rather fine until arms or hands are touching the painted areas. Unfortunately the complete body is selected as object to shrink to, maybe a duplicated and animated but invisible body without arms, head and feet might even work better

Using a duplicated body is the way to go. I had to use this technique here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=6988&mode=view

I used a duplicated body without arms as a cloth collider. Otherwise it wouldn't have been possible to place Evi's left hand on her leg.
wolgade

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery