Iimporting makehuman files with expressions . [solved]

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Iimporting makehuman files with expressions . [solved]

Postby k0psutin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello!

First i want to thank makehuman community for such a easy-to-use powerful tool.

I wonder if anyone else is bothered by annoying bug with exporting makehuman meshes.

(Fyi. I have installed mhx2 importer plugin for blender, along with hair and cloth maker. All enabled from settings. And i have the latest Makehuman installed.)

I exported makehuman model with expressions and poses checked, default rig.

When i imported it to blender, first i had deformed facial features on my model, but enabling loading scripts in blender helped with that.

But i can't seem to get expressions imported no matter what i click or how i do it.

I can get the slides for mouth, lips, cheek, nose, brows, but eyes and eyelids are missing..

I've spend couple hours of googling and experimenting, but no hope.

I hope somebody had the same problem and fixed it.

Näyttökuva (11).png
No expressions bracket in Blender
Last edited by k0psutin on Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
k0psutin

Re: Blender and importing makehuman files with expressions .

Postby k0psutin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:45 am

Ah i got it to work. I read somewhere that on 2.79 or earlier build, you have to use older MHX2 importer plugin files.

Now i got expressions and everything. I hope somebody will find this topic useful though. :)
k0psutin

Re: Iimporting makehuman files with expressions . [solved]

Postby MargaretToigo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 pm

I have had the same problem. Expressions used to be imported along with poses if I chose the exported MHX rig, but now they aren't and I didn't change anything, that I know of. What has happened though were several Windows 10 auto updates -- and you never know what they're gonna either fix or mess up. I have Blender 2.79 and even 2.8, but I am still using Blender 2.78c.

So, how did you get it to work? If you can find the article you read about it, can you please post a link?
MargaretToigo

Re: Blender and importing makehuman files with expressions .

Postby RobBaer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:52 pm

k0psutin wrote:Ah i got it to work. I read somewhere that on 2.79 or earlier build, you have to use older MHX2 importer plugin files.

Your post is hard to understand because time doesn't stand still :D

Does earlier MHX2 mean "before Thomas started the Blender 2.80 upgrades" or am I misplacing the context? Any way to clarify? Earlier than ... ?

@Margaret jump in too
RobBaer

Re: Iimporting makehuman files with expressions . [solved]

Postby k0psutin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Well at least i haven't upgraded my Blender from 2.79, so if i download any new MHX plugins or what not, they will not work in it.

Sorry i haven't noticed new posts, and here is the file that at least works on my 2.79 Blender.

Newest MHX2 has files from 2018, but this one has from 2017.

MargaretToigo wrote:I have had the same problem. Expressions used to be imported along with poses if I chose the exported MHX rig, but now they aren't and I didn't change anything, that I know of. What has happened though were several Windows 10 auto updates -- and you never know what they're gonna either fix or mess up. I have Blender 2.79 and even 2.8, but I am still using Blender 2.78c.

So, how did you get it to work? If you can find the article you read about it, can you please post a link?

Try this file.
Attachments
mhx2_blender.zip
Here's the earlier version of MHX2.
(720.92 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
k0psutin

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests