Other Elf Girls (Warning: will contain nudity!)

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Other Elf Girls (Warning: will contain nudity!)

Postby Pirata_62 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:53 am

Foto 005.jpg

Hi everybody! Here's the first image of my spacegirl.
This is a little different approach from my other works, because I tried for a more comicbook look. It's not very complex, but this is what I could do with my current blender skills.
I remade most of my spacegirl scenes because they were not very good, but in this one I made only one change, which was the texture of the planet. Originally, I had made it procedurally, using a noise texture. But it didn't came out as I wanted, so I made it using a software called Textures for Planets.
The gun is based on those old Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers comics and serials from the 30s and 40s. I didn't assign any textures, only materials.
I didn't use Mindfront's targets for this girl, because they weren't released yet when I created her. But I did use that Anime Stylized Enhanced target from DredNicolson (about 10% I guess), to reinforce the comicbook style.
And about the space "outfit"... Well, I'm a total failure trying to make clothes, even with the MakeClothes addon. So I thought it was better to make it as simple as it could get. Again, no textures, only materiasl. And I created it vaguely based on some costumes from our brazilian Carnaval... (Yes, many women do go through the Samba Schools Parade "dressed" like this... Most of the time it's part of the script).
Finally, I was thinking of naming the girl Lili Starr or something like that. But I realized that this is a very cliché name, and probably already taken. So I decided to call her Lua, which is portuguese for Moon.
I hope you like her. Thank you!
Pirata_62

Re: Other Elf Girls (Warning: will contain nudity!)

Postby Ken1138 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:31 pm

If you know how to do hair in Blender...it would be interesting to see how she'd look with hair emerging from beneath that skull cap.
Ken1138

Postby punkduck » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Pirata_62 wrote:
Foto 005.jpg

Hi everybody! Here's the first image of my spacegirl.
And about the space "outfit"... Well, I'm a total failure trying to make clothes, even with the MakeClothes addon. So I thought it was better to make it as simple as it could get. Again, no textures, only materiasl. And I created it vaguely based on some costumes from our brazilian Carnaval... (Yes, many women do go through the Samba Schools Parade "dressed" like this... Most of the time it's part of the script).
Finally, I was thinking of naming the girl Lili Starr or something like that. But I realized that this is a very cliché name, and probably already taken. So I decided to call her Lua, which is portuguese for Moon.
I hope you like her. Thank you!

Yes she is very stylish and the image fits to the genre.

This kind of nudity is even U.S. proved. You have even created small caps (adhesive tape like here

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=3817&mode=view

is also possible but does not fit to a space girl). :lol:

And really, you live in a country with the most colorful carnival, the best dancers, who really know how to move (not only females also the male dancers). So why only copying, it absolutely makes sense to add some local attitude to the picture. Especially for me it is always interesting how different things can be seen or, on the other hand how much we have in common. I'm really interested in your further work.
punkduck

Postby Pirata_62 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks again, guys!
This one was supposed to be only a test, that's why I didn't make her with hair. That and the headache I have everytime I try to comb particle hair...
I made only two more spacegirl scenes (but she may return) and then moved on to other stuff, using the default ponytail hair for my girls (only I made it blonde).
But there you have some ideas for the future: more particle hair to the girls and more local colors to my scenes.
For now, I'm still trying to decide which way to follow: a comicbook style with stories and single scenes of my heroines in peril..., or simply portray the beauty of women (perhaps both?).
Pirata_62

Postby joepal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:59 am

That's a good start.

For hair, maybe you'd be helped by this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13537
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Pirata_62 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Foto 006.jpg

And here's the second one, a remake of a previous render. I changed some things in the girl (thicker eyebrows and all Mindfront's targets now applied) and her outfit (minor details); in the planet (noise texture for an image texture... but the moon is still procedural) and in the scenery (spaceship interior and gadgets are gone, because they were "fighting" with the main figures).
Now my little robot certainly is not as cute as BB-8, but I'm very proud of him, as you can see for my avatar.
Still no hair for the girl though. Maybe she's in some kind of military service and has to wear it very short under the helmet. :?
I'm still training and perhaps later, when I go back to her adventures, I will change that.
Pirata_62

Postby wolgade » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:20 am

Pirata_62 wrote:Now my little robot certainly is not as cute as BB-8, but I'm very proud of him

And you have reason to be. I really like this small guy. I think he's very cute, but more important, he's got personality.
wolgade

Postby Pirata_62 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Foto 007.jpg

Hi everybody!
This time my little robot is not around (by the way I named him after me, so I can call him Junior) and now there's an intruder in the "spaceship".
The girl is exactly the same of the last scene, and this is a remake too, mostly for the same reasons. Another one is the fact that in the original the girl was holding her blaster, but I thought it wouldn't make sense she's being so scared of the little green man if she has a gun, while he was unarmed.
Of course I shrunk the green fellow in Blender for him to look more like... well, a little green man.

In my other posts I talked a lot about Mindfront's targets, but actually I'm using many different targets for my girls and now for the invader. I only use CC0 stuff in my work, but all the same I think it's about time I name the authors of all those very cool works. If I had to model the girl myself in Blender it'll probably take two or three more years of learning to reach the result you see above. So here's my thank you very much to Mindfront, porky11, blindsaypatten, DredNicolson, pppancho68, Marco_105, Nadow, Habanero, frankyaye and joepal. I hope I didn't forget anybody, and I'll do the same in my DeviantArt page (https://www.deviantart.com/edfagues - you can see other works of mine there too).
Thanks again, guys, your work is fantastic!
Pirata_62

Postby Pirata_62 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:20 am

Foto 008.jpg

Foto 009.jpg

Hi everyone!
To finally justify the nudity warning on this thread's title...
Some of you may already know these two pieces from my DeviantArt page, but I believe most of you don't.
The first one is called Golden, and was made previously to all Elyn's portraits. I was still using the MH ponytail hair, only blonde and a bit modified. The chair was downloaded from 3Delicious.
The second one is called Temple Nymph, and all the textures, besides those of the girl, are generated with Genetica Viewer (from Spiral Graphics).
Pirata_62

Postby joepal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:24 am

The first one is a really nice pice. Possibly I think I can detect a bit of fresnel artifacts in the terminator borders. You're running a diffuse/glossy/fresnel mix? (this is what you get from MHX2 atm)

On the margin, replacing that part of the skin shader with principled bsdf can make glossy surfaces which have close to a 90 degree angle between the normal and the view vector look better.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Next

Return to Gallery