Elvaerwyn SunSpot eyes not showing up after plugin download

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Elvaerwyn SunSpot eyes not showing up after plugin download

Postby mschickenboo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:12 am

1. 1052 Elvaerwyn CC-BY SunSpot Eyes Another Material file for MakeHuman eyes. Fantasy style Eyes.
Helloooo all!

I am wondering why this eye does not show up as an avaialbe maerialt even after downloading via plugin? Is there something I'm missing? Did i miss an entry in the wiki/faq or something? Sometimes I can't understand what I read or hear so I have to ask in different ways... hence this post.
Also I'm trying to be as concise as possibel so other peopel who are having trouble searching can find the answer easily through this post.

available material
possible
people
good grief I'm going senile. I never used ot do this....
mschickenboo

Re: Elvaerwyn SunSpot eyes not showing up after plugin downl

Postby RobBaer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:37 am

Did you click on the right panel synchronize and let it finish before trying to download assets? Did the the progress bar (bottom) show completion of the download?

Edit: for what it is worth, none of the Elvaerwyn eye materials downloaded for me either. I don't know whether this is specific to these submissions or some other problem related to eye materials yet. This needs more investigation.
RobBaer

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:43 am

I have noticed that all asset materials that replace base content(ie hair and eye recolors) have similar issues with not downloading from asset downloader.
screenshot showing error message received at download failure posted. No such error received when downloading material replacement for custom contents thusfar.
Attachments
notdownload.png
same error on all base content replacement materials
notdownload.png (4.04 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby RobBaer » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:36 am

Ok. I think I see what is happening. When downloaded with the asset downloader, materials end up in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1\data\materials (Windows) rather than downloading to the folder where the asset geometry itself is expecting it. The work around is to manually move the material files to the proper folder.

The complication here is that not all materials should download to the same place. The use of ./data/materials is a convenience to work around this, but is not currently looked at by MakeHuman itself.
RobBaer

Postby mschickenboo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Ah, I wondered if it was misplacing it in another directory... okay! ;) At least y'all are on it; that's good. It's basically 'sitewide' and being noticed.

Good job you guys are awesome. Wellll-p, I'm off to go see if moving it works.

hrm. I love this program. Did I mention I love this program? Coz I love this program. LURRRVE (obnoxiousness)

Being a writer, I'm such a character whore. These types of programs attract us. I will never stop saying how thankful I am that this program exists.

Smack me if oyu must.
mschickenboo

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader