Backgrounds disappears

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Backgrounds disappears

Postby flute » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Hello,
I have a problem with the backgrounds in makehuman. I imported plain backgrounds so I could easily clip my character after screenshot. It works great on front, back, left, right, up and down characters, but as soon as I move my character differently (for example: three-quarters), the background disappears, even though I check the "other" box. Is there a way to keep the background regardless of the character's position?
Thank you for your answers.
flute

Re: Backgrounds disappears

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:53 pm

When I define the same bg image for __all__ options inclusive 'other' it always remains visible to me, though I'm using the current development version. Can't remember if we have done some changes/bug fixes here.
Aranuvir

Postby flute » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Thank you for your quick response, but:
Hey no, not for me! I have just checked: Each time the background disappears as soon as I turn my character ... What is disturbing is that with other characters, I manage to keep it. Are there any assets that would prevent the display of backgrounds? I do not understand. An idea ?
Thank you in advance.
flute

Postby RobBaer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:46 pm

flute wrote:Are there any assets that would prevent the display of backgrounds? I do not understand. An idea ?
Thank you in advance.

Not that I know of. In my hands it works. Do you need to try remapping the "other"? Perhaps something went accidentally wrong when you first tried to map it? This seems more likely, if as you say, other images map fine.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 am

At least I have seen some inconsistencies in behavior before I submitted my last post here. I think that's something for our bug tracker (with normal to low priority).
Aranuvir

Postby flute » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:06 pm

OK, to follow then. In any case thank you for your attention.
flute

Postby flute » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm

I found the solution to my problem, which could be used by others. When the background disappears, by zooming out, thus narrowing my character, I find in a far corner the background, that I move and replace behind my character, and voila.
flute

Return to Newbies