Elf Girl

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Elf Girl

Postby Pirata_62 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

foto 001.jpg

Hi everybody!
This is my first post here and I'm not sure this is the right topic, but I'd like to share with you this portrait of my elf girl.
Made in Blender 2.79 and rendered at 1000 samples with denoising on. The hair is particles. I know it's a bit messy but I'm not much of a coiffeur anyway... :D
I used the default young caucasian female skin but I did a lot of work in Photoshop to make it more smooth and tanned.
I'm a beginner in 3-D softwares... I find out about MH and Blender a little more than a year ago and I'm watching tutorials and creating some stuff since, but this is the first work I'm encouraged enough to share. Hope you like it. Thanks!
Pirata_62

Re: Elf Girl

Postby punkduck » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Pirata_62 wrote:[
Hi everybody!
This is my first post here and I'm not sure this is the right topic, but I'd like to share with you this portrait of my elf girl.
Made in Blender 2.79 and rendered at 1000 samples with denoising on. The hair is particles. I know it's a bit messy but I'm not much of a coiffeur anyway... :D
I used the default young caucasian female skin but I did a lot of work in Photoshop to make it more smooth and tanned.
I'm a beginner in 3-D softwares... I find out about MH and Blender a little more than a year ago and I'm watching tutorials and creating some stuff since, but this is the first work I'm encouraged enough to share. Hope you like it. Thanks!

Hi and welcome ... you call that a beginners work :shock: ... well considering the hair-do it is a lot better than my first attempts using Blender with particle hair. The pose and the facial expression also shows me, that you understand how to make her look lovely ...

I hope we will see more of your work in future! ;)
punkduck

Postby Pirata_62 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm

punkduck wrote:
Pirata_62 wrote:[
Hi everybody!

Hi and welcome ... you call that a beginners work :shock: ... well considering the hair-do it is a lot better than my first attempts using Blender with particle hair. The pose and the facial expression also shows me, that you understand how to make her look lovely ...

I hope we will see more of your work in future! ;)

Thank you Punkduck for the feedback!
I worked many years as a photographer so I used to deal a lot with poses and expressions. When I was a kid I used to draw my own comicbook stories, so I guess I learned a bit from there too. I like working with the human figure, specially beatiful women. :)
Pirata_62

Postby RobBaer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Very nice. Please share more
RobBaer

Postby Pirata_62 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Foto 0002.jpg

Hello everyone!
Here we are again! As the spring is not very far from Brasil (and I'm already longing for it!), there is a more romantic mood to this second portrait.
And I realized that I didn't introduce my model properly... Her name is Elyn. I created her as an elf but some guy in Facebook told me that she couldn't be that, because she has rounded face and wavy hair... and according to D&D, she could only be half-elf. Well, I never played RPG in my life and I didn't pay much attention to Lord of the Rings, so I guess I have to make her another thing. Maybe an alien elf? I really did use this same model (only without hair) as a space girl in other renders, but that will be another post.
Again the scene was made in Blender 2.79 (rendered in cycles with denoising). The background is a JPEG pic I downloaded from Pexels. And the flowers were downloaded from 3Delicious. I even provided some breeze, just as an excuse to hide my poor hairdressing! :D :P ;)
I hope you like this one! Cheers!

P.S. I realized I didn't introduce myself properly as well. I use the nick ("artistic name" if you prefer) Ed Fagues in other sites (as Facebook for instance). My full name is Carlos Eduardo Faccin Rodrigues and I live in a small town in the south of Brasil. I'm 55 y.o. and I love old movies, sci-fi & fantasy comic books and coffee. Greetings!
Pirata_62

Postby punkduck » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi there

Here we are again! As the spring is not very far from Brasil (and I'm already longing for it!), there is a more romantic mood to this second portrait.

Well over here it is just the opposite and we do not want to see the sun any more. So autumn is coming. Nearly no rain this summer. Not only in Europe. It is same in many places in the U.S. and in Canada. But really nice to have some creative artist from Brasil again.

I'm 55 y.o. and I love old movies, sci-fi & fantasy comic books and coffee.

Oh there you mention something. Funny enough when I joined the forum I thought I'm a bit old for these things. In between I learned that a lot of artist doing comics etc. are in same age ... Maybe a way to stay young .... ;)

I like working with the human figure, specially beatiful women.

I like to do the same as you can see in the "daily life of models thread" and if somebody is complaining about that "beautiful women topic", (s)he should read lesson number 9 of Blender Guru

https://www.blenderguru.com/articles/9-artistic-lessons

or watch his YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM39qhXle4g

So keep on presenting your art, I like it very much. ;)
punkduck

Postby Pirata_62 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi folks!
Thank you for your words, Punkduck, again I appreciate it.
You're so right about staying young with our art. At least inside, I'm still that little boy who loves the adventures of Dr. Smith, Will Robinson and the Robot... (I have all episodes on DVD by the way...)
Talking about Blender Guru, I saw on Facebook that there are people who hates him, but I like to watch his tutorials on YouTube, I'm learning a lot from them. And I totally agree with him and with you in this case. I never stopped drawing or photographing my girls because someone didn't like it, and I certainly won't do it at my age.
Finally, I like your work too, I've been following your "Daily Life of Models" thread since the beginning. I believe you and other members can teach me a lot of MH too.
And I'll try to post regularly here.
Thanks!
Pirata_62

Postby wolgade » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Pirata_62 wrote:And I'll try to post regularly here.

I'll take this as a promise. :)

Very cute character, good image composition and sophisticated lighting. I don't doubt for a second, that you're an experienced photographer. I'd love to see more.
wolgade

Postby Pirata_62 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi!
Thanks a lot wolgade!!! I'll do my best to keep that promise! :)
Pirata_62

Postby Pirata_62 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Foto 00003.jpg

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain... pitter patter, pitter patter..." (Cascades)
Hi everybody!
Now Elyn got wet... But it's only a summer rain, so she won't catch a cold.
This was a real challenge, my first rain in Blender. I followed a tutorial which I found on YouTube. But the guy who made it left the raindrops in a round shape. I didn't like the result, because it seemed I was looking at Elyn through a wet glass, and there were no movement at all. So I stretched up the original icosphere and then it got much better, at least to my eyes. I don't know if there's a better way to do the rain, but I'm pretty happy with the final image.
There are three particle systems in the picture, one for the hair, another one for the rain itself and a third for the raindrops in Elyn's body. But I made some raindrops by hand, to place them in the hair and in some spots where the particle system was not doing a good job.
I know there's one thing missing: those little "trails" raindrops leave when they slither (is this the right word?) down the skin/surface. I looked for references in the Blender Artists Community and DeviantArt and I found some rainy scenes where the authors (people way better and more experienced than me) didn't care much about this detail. So I guess I can get away with my first representation of rain just as it is.
And that's it for today! I hope you guys like this one too!
Pirata_62

Next

Return to Gallery