Looking for some help on a model

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Looking for some help on a model

Postby dvnobles » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi all,

I created a model a few years ago and unfortunately didn't keep the MH file. The problem is, I exported it to Blender, but back then there was only the MHX format and not MHX2. I would like to be able to export this model as MHX2, so the only way to do that is to have the model in MH first. I am willing to pay someone if they can recreate the model in MH for me. I have tried several times, but it seems to me the later versions of MH just don't do females as well as they used to, I don't know. I keep getting something that looks like it came out of the movie Avatar.

Don't need hair, don't need clothes, I have all that. Don't need any body work done, I will adjust that. Just need the face of the model to look like what I created in the past. I also have the .blend model if that is helpful.
Here is what she looks like:
Attachments
side.jpg
Front.jpg
Estelle_v1.jpg
dvnobles

Re: Looking for some help on a model

Postby RobBaer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 am

If the problem of recreation is mainly a matter of the current version having a different base model, you might try installing the appropriate earlier version. See http://files.jwp.se/archive/
RobBaer

Postby dvnobles » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:17 am

RobBaer wrote:If the problem of recreation is mainly a matter of the current version having a different base model, you might try installing the appropriate earlier version. See http://files.jwp.se/archive/

hmmm...maybe. But I don't think that version could do MHX2. I might have to try it.
dvnobles

Postby dvnobles » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Well, I was able to resurrect my old hard drive long enough to check if the .mhm file I was looking for was there. It wasn't, but I took the opportunity to run the old makehuman software. It turns out that even if I could retrieve my old .mhm file, it cannot be loaded into the later makehuman version that will export .MHX2, so I am back to square one. I guess I will have to use the character as is without the MHX2 benefits of better posing in Blender.
dvnobles

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader