the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby RobBaer » Tue May 29, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm not sure if you are aware of the meaning of the middle finger gesture in the US, but your choice of which finger she has on her lips leaves this an incredibly interesting picture to my eye. I don't know who she is looking at. Is it someone who screwed her over, and she's telling them "access denied", or is it someone who's about to get really lucky?

You leave the viewer completely conflicted with the choice. Either way, your look for her just screams sassy ... Phenomenal image!

As to the hair, you're really mastering that art.
RobBaer

Postby Mindfront » Wed May 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Impressive :D I have to agree with wolgade "she's a beauty". The skin glossiness Noelia has on the bed image is excellent.
I especially like the image with the "finger" but the bed image is also great. It is hard to get skin specular and color to look good in various light condition.

How does it goes with your male character? :D
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Thu May 31, 2018 10:27 pm

RobBaer wrote:I'm not sure if you are aware of the meaning of the middle finger gesture in the US, but your choice of which finger she has on her lips leaves this an incredibly interesting picture to my eye. I don't know who she is looking at. Is it someone who screwed her over, and she's telling them "access denied", or is it someone who's about to get really lucky?

You leave the viewer completely conflicted with the choice. Either way, your look for her just screams sassy ... Phenomenal image!

Hmm, I only know that Europeans and the US (and the rest of the world also, I guess meanwhile) use the same middle finger curse. But normally in front of the body, not pointing to the lips. So for Europe putting the middle finger to the lips has (yet) no special meaning. But she is a US girl, so you could be right.

I've done it like this: The head points down and the eyes are looking to the camera. This is a classical pose of looking shy or behave like kids, when they broke something ("I'm innocent, dad ..."). Putting the finger to the lips adds a bit lasciviousness, but that is absolutely intended.

In reality this is part of the job. Depending on the topic of the photo-shooting there always some classic poses. Start with: where to put the hands. Millions of fashion pictures show us, that we have to walk through the city, putting the hands to the hips or near the frontal pockets. In front of a mirror girls always do some stretching and put their arms behind the head ... in reality they normaly don't do that ;)

Today I did a bikini again. Why? Well ask your wife or girl friend if she will wear the same bikini as her neighbour. Unless she doesn't join a beach volleyball team, where you wear it like a uniform, this is a bad idea :lol:

So Noelia convinced me, to do one these frill bikinis (it is in the assets allready). For the image I used Mindfronts shader and changed the (internal) "wetmap" from white to grey. So it seems, that she just leaves the pool. For the hair I set the glossiness (based on Wolgade shader) to maximum. But there is always a mistake: because I was so slow doing the picture the water around the legs is totally calm :(

noelia_pool.jpg

Mindfront wrote:How does it goes with your male character? :D

Unfortunately no Bellatrix is sitting in my room ... but you are right. Supporting 5 girls is a bit hard for one guy. I should create a virtual one and give him some tasks. E.g. designing clothes or go shopping and dining ... not to forget to take care of the kids and doing the washing up :mrgreen:
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:06 am

Great image. I don't consider it too much a mistake, that there is no water movement caused by leg movement. She's posing for a photograph and simply doesn't move her legs. Skin glossyness looks really good and I really like the hair.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:19 pm

wolgade wrote:Great image. I don't consider it too much a mistake, that there is no water movement caused by leg movement. She's posing for a photograph and simply doesn't move her legs. Skin glossyness looks really good and I really like the hair.

A slightly enhanced version:

noelia_pool_enhanced.jpg

I tried the frill with additional geometry (generated by subdividing only frill part) and put it to an additional vertex group. Then I added a displacement modifier (between amature and subsurf) using only this vertex group. The displacement modifier uses a "wave-map", which I created in GIMP and so the frill looks better. I also changed the material setup for the backfacing faces of the bikini using a translucent shader (and put the method as an example to the bump map of the bikini top in the assets).

For the water I created a few circles in GIMP and added these to the noise texture of the water surface (displacement of material output).

And now I have to think what she has to do to produce these circles ;)
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:10 pm

This time I will present Elvaerwyn's crossback nighty using my character Dani. Elv made a lot of clothes and only a makehuman demo picture was added. So I was interrested, how the picture looks, if you use Blender and a more realistic character.

I was not aware that the regular pattern of the texture creates such a wonderful pattern. In between I got the information that the nighty was mainly created with meshlab, so I needed a few additional tricks to make it work with shrinkwrap used on the upper part of the body (so that it will not hover above the body) and cloth simulation used for all other vertices for the pose.

dani_nighty.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:12 pm

After I've done a little teamwork with Elvaerwyn retexturing her wings, I thought of a movie scene using the wings. It was not easy to figure out, how it is done in a movie. First here is Superman flying. A picture from INFOCUS film school shows us, that besides of the wires hanging down from the ceiling you need a bunch of people doing the effects ... :o

https://infocusfilmschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/crewcallsupret.jpg

You need a least 4 wires for one person. And you need some strength to keep the position, so professional stuntmen or stuntwomen would be a good choice to do the performance ... here is an example from hollywoodstuntcoordinator.com:

http://www.hollywoodstuntcoordinator.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2014-01-29-15.58.23-1024x768.jpg

A more modern approach is to use a servomotor control rig (from http://www.tested.com/art/539569-history-flying-wire-film/)

http://d2rormqr1qwzpz.cloudfront.net/photos/2015/09/02/80323-gravity-chevely-wires-1.jpg

My solution is this: I leave out the wires for the legs, took my most athletic character and fixed the wires to some virtual rig (because I'm too lazy to create it :mrgreen:). To control the wings, I added two wires at the outside. Of course, wing-beats will not be possible (in this case we need more joints), but gliding-flight could be simulated.

dani_wingtest.jpg
Dual fanned wings CC-BY by Elvaerwyn

I'm sorry, Elvaerwyn ... no fantasy in here ... :oops: but a big thank you for the wings :D
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Like the green screen background as well for some shots even the floor will be green :D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby wolgade » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:24 pm

loki1950 wrote:Like the green screen background as well for some shots even the floor will be green :D

Even more important: The background will never have corners.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Some time ago I mentioned, that riding will also be a topic in future for my characters. In between my first tests have been made and I'm on the way to create a horse. A lot of geometry is allready done, but it is very hard to create an animal. How many topologies did MH need to make the characters like they are today? It must have been a long way. Anatomy isn't that easy. All I have are some pictures from all parts of the horses (from the internet). Here is, what I managed to do after a week, I took Leska for size comparison (withers height is 155cm at the moment).

No saddle, no harness, no special clothes for riding until now. The horse is still one half using the mirror operator in Blender :lol:, the eyes I copied from MakeHuman (must be changed in texture at least), the inside of the ears and the correct geometry of the eyelids and also the teeth are still missing. I guess there will be other things which are not quite correct. But nevertheless here are 2 demo pictures ...

horse_firsttest.jpg

horse_firsttest2.jpg

The horse is quad only. If I can do it with a maximum of 5 poles, I'm not sure. I took MakeHuman values like 20 quads forming the loops of the leg, 42 the body and neck. The Rigify skeleton will be used at the end and long strand hair for tail (the reason why the tail looks a bit weird) and forelock. If I'm really happy with it, it might available for everyone after I've created it. But not as MakeHorse ;)
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery