the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 pm

wolgade wrote:Great as always. The trouble with the stockings (upper rim) might be not so easy to fix. Real world stockings get stretched by the leg on the one hand, on the other they compress and deform the leg. This is true for all tight fitting clothes, but very visible on stockings.

Yes you are right with that. But if we want to achieve this, we have to start with cloth simulation. And it will be not simple, because we have fixed points which don't move or don't move much. On the other hand, the french lingerie set is now complete and everyone can download it. I hope I didn't forget to reduce the depth of the stockings to e.g. 10 ... because they also should work with the kneeboots. I also added normal maps for the mini-briefs and bra.
punkduck

---

Postby DredNicolson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 am

A "reverse shrinkwrap" can emulate the skin compression in Blender. Give the modifier(s) to the body, set an appropriate vertex group, use the stocking as the target, and scale it down slightly at the appropriate areas. (To be nondestructive, do this as a shape key.) The leg will shrink accordingly to stay inside the stocking.

Reverse shrinkwrapping can also help emulate certain muscle deformations, like bicep bulge.
DredNicolson

Postby wolgade » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 am

punkduck wrote:But if we want to achieve this, we have to start with cloth simulation. And it will be not simple,

Yes, it would be quite a long shot. My remark wasn't meant as criticism on the stockings. I like them, but it's hard to make them look realistic. On the other hand, this is true for any tight fitting clothes. A swimsuit will also deform the body. Even worse: A bra deforms the breasts heavily. That's what it was invented for. It doesn't get deformed much by the breasts. Make Clothes does it just the other way round. It deforms a bra to fit the breasts.

DredNicolson wrote:A "reverse shrinkwrap" can emulate the skin compression in Blender.

That sounds interesting. I guess I'll have to try this. So much tricks left to learn. Thanks for this one.
wolgade

Postby Milkman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm

wolgade wrote:Great as always. The trouble with the stockings (upper rim) might be not so easy to fix. Real world stockings get stretched by the leg on the one hand, on the other they compress and deform the leg. This is true for all tight fitting clothes, but very visible on stockings.

Stocking used with suspender belt usually dont deform legs, because they dont have elasticized band to keep them on the leg, this is why they are attached to garter belt :D
They are two differnt kinds of them: stockings and stay-ups (hold-ups or stay-ups) stockings, only the second one can really deform leg. BTW If women is in her 20 or early 30 and really fit even stay-ups with wide rim barley deform her leg.

Once again thank You for great job Punkduck, here is my version of your lingerie set in 3D
Attachments
Temptress.png
Milkman

Postby punkduck » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Milkman wrote:BTW If women is in her 20 or early 30 and really fit even stay-ups with wide rim barley deform her leg.

Once again thank You for great job Punkduck, here is my version of your lingerie set in 3D

As long as fastfood is not the best friend of young women, you're right. :mrgreen:

But the problem for me was, that the method of doing an additional layer was only the second best method. I normally prefer to recreate the legs with the stockings directly "painted" on it (the way the ballet tights are created). Then no skin will peek through, when you pose your character. But then you have to do a lot of different versions. 4 for my girls and all different types for the MH standard skins.

Even worse is, that only the painted version could be easily used to recreate a pair of heel sandals in the way I've done it. So this time I unfortunately have no simple method to do it. The stockings use only a depth of 10, so maybe you can use the other heels from grinsegold or frankyaye. But I don't know, if they have delete-groups.

Btw. the lingerie is available in a similar color, not purple but "cherry-red" in reality, as far as I know ;)
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:58 pm

I tried to do a low ponytail using strand hair for my Evi character. Once again I used the method explained by DredNicolson, the hair of the ponytail is emitted from the inner of the blue torus (used as hair band or ponytail holder). Two additional scalps are used on the main part of the head (left and right side as always). This time I also used only 5 hair-segments and did two subdivisions in the first segment, so that I can follow the shape of the head. I also used waves to make the hair more fluffy.

From the side you can't see the hair band ...

evi_ponytail1.jpg

... so I added another picture showing her back. I'm quite happy with this result ;)

evi_ponytail2.jpg
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 am

Looks good. BTW: Nice bathroom. Did you do it on your own?
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:35 pm

wolgade wrote:Looks good. BTW: Nice bathroom. Did you do it on your own?

Yes, it was a good exercise in Blender, using e.g. hooks for the flexible shower hose, or such simple things like origins and transform locks to allow only one direction for the rotation when you open a door etc.
The layout is from a German vendor, also the originals for the taps and all the other parts, but they are not 100% exact. The bathroom is rather small, like in reality, so that I'm not able to show it completely without using a weird focal length for the camera.

But in Blender, there is a possibilty to take a picture from above, simply hide the ceiling, so everyone will be happy ... uh, well, except for Evi obviously :?

bathroom_without_ceiling.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:49 pm

In between I'm back from vacation. Obviously I was only travelling around to get some new background images ... ;)

I decided to create a denim jacket to match with the tight jeans and some of my tops. I will also do some half-boots and a handbag in the next time, so that a complete scene of everyday life (e.g. shopping) can be created in an easy way. To demonstrate the denim jacket I dressed Leska with tight jeans, tennis shoes (typical 90s look, in those times these shoes are used in every occasion, even in German parliament :mrgreen: ), the tube top and the jacket itself.

So Leska visited Rovinj in Istria (Part of Croatia). This city is similar to Italian cities, as you might see ... Istria was part of Italy in history and they still have approx. 7 percent of people, who are Italian minority in Istria today. (For those, who like to know the background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istria)

leska_rovinj.jpg

and Opatija ... (near Rijeka, also Croatia)

leska_opatija.jpg

The denim jacket is ready to download, I also improved tight jeans and short jeans (normal map is added and short jeans now also use delete groups). The tight jeans now works with the heel sandals, I changed depth also.
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 am

I always enjoy your work so much! Great job as always.

So we know where Leska went. Am I right that you went with her to Croatia? :)
RobBaer

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery