Harley Quinn

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Harley Quinn

Postby o4saken » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 am

My "Final Piece" using the Harley Quinn assets i made - but doing this image i had another idea for her that i think i want to try... will c
The Entire picture is done in blender - Using Volume absorption in the World settings to give the "Dynamic" Lights. Her hair is particle system, short hairs on the scalp combed towards the rings, and then the rings itself are closed and a new particle hair system coming from this closed off section for the ponytails.

harley0001.png
o4saken
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby blindsaypatten » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:03 pm

It looks fantastic!

Have you tried using the Corrective Smooth modifier to get the bent leg looking a little more natural?
blindsaypatten
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby punkduck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 pm

o4saken wrote:My "Final Piece" using the Harley Quinn assets i made - but doing this image i had another idea for her that i think i want to try... will c
The Entire picture is done in blender - Using Volume absorption in the World settings to give the "Dynamic" Lights. Her hair is particle system, short hairs on the scalp combed towards the rings, and then the rings itself are closed and a new particle hair system coming from this closed off section for the ponytails.


Wonderful ...

Your setup is better than mine and you used the methods for hairdo that DredNicolson has explained.
At least I should do that with the hairdo of my character as well.

Can you also present a picture with her upper body and face only, so that the strand hair section is more detailled?

Thanx in advance.
User avatar
punkduck
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Nuremberg, Germany

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby wolgade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Cool. How did you do the fog? Particles?
wolgade
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby o4saken » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:56 am

wolgade wrote:Cool. How did you do the fog? Particles?


No its simply under the world settings
here
Capture.PNG


in the world settings under the volume tab - set to volume scatter - then the density to about 0.2 depending on the light if its too high the image will just be black.
the colour is correct as white.
in my scene the only light source is the two lights on the sides of the walls, so they are set quite high strength, and the density in my image is 0.02
o4saken
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby wolgade » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:22 am

Thanks. Another trick learned.
wolgade
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby o4saken » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:22 am

harley20001.png

And here is my "Final Final" image - it was just an idea i had whilst working on the other image. wanted to try something slightly sexier.
the dogs i never modelled, they came from blendswap "Boxer dog" by seiyoushimi

About the assets - there are a few things that i will need to edit:
1 - the max poles for the boots and the belt texture name.
2. i think the belt need to be rigid group, because it deforms when you bend her hips.
3. the tattoo deforms completely off the place where it is supposed to be - not sure if rigid groups will fix this.
4. the bat deforms when you try to close her fingers arround it - not sure what would fix this because that is definately already set to rigid group
5. the 2nd to top row of buttons deforms when you enlarge the breasts even a bit.. perhaps these also need to be set to rigid?
o4saken
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby punkduck » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:38 pm

o4saken wrote:And here is my "Final Final" image - it was just an idea i had whilst working on the other image. wanted to try something slightly sexier.
the dogs i never modelled, they came from blendswap "Boxer dog" by seiyoushimi

I like the picture, a lot of atmosphere. About to make her look slightly sexier: the two strands at the left and right side of the face, which are not used for the pigtails makes the hair-do look less strict, because it hides the frontal hairline. The strands are jiggling around in the movie and that makes her also interesting. It was absolutely correct when you created the polygon-hair. Here an example drawing:

https://elias-chatzoudis.deviantart.com/art/Harley-Quinn-445251415

o4saken wrote:2. i think the belt need to be rigid group, because it deforms when you bend her hips.


A horizontal triangle as basis for the rigid group might fix this, I'm not sure, because then you have to look how the mesh deforms. Only problem then could be that part of the belt will disappear in the body or hover somewhere outside. If the triangle deforms, the belt will do it also. But at least in a geometrical way. For the belt that might not be a big problem unless you make a sequence of pictures with noticable changes.

o4saken wrote:3. the tattoo deforms completely off the place where it is supposed to be - not sure if rigid groups will fix this.

I guess not. How many faces on the body are covered with the tattoo? These faces will bend. If you use rigid groups the tattoo might stand out of the body or will disappear in the body. This was the reason, why I added your tattoo to the skin ...

o4saken wrote:4. the bat deforms when you try to close her fingers arround it - not sure what would fix this because that is definately already set to rigid group

Unfortunately nothing will fix it. I had the same problem with the tennis racket, wonder womans swords and the katana. Only chance: in Blender select the middle of the palm and assign these values to the vertex group(s) of the weapon or tool. I've done a similar procedure to the belt. Here are the limits of MakeHuman.

o4saken wrote:5. the 2nd to top row of buttons deforms when you enlarge the breasts even a bit.. perhaps these also need to be set to rigid?



At least it is simpler to re-edit the buttons in Blender again. At the moment, buttons and the ties inbetween deform unpredictable.
You will get better results, but unfortunately the buttons will be oval and of different sizes, if you create 4 additional groups. If you only create one, then they will disappear in the clothes or will do other weird things.
Example: I've created 3 extra groups for the rings of "Teddy" lingerie, these rings now will still have different sizes and will be oval when you change breast geometry.

So I guess it is absolutely sufficient to do the changes, so that it is simpler to handle a problem with resizing. When it should fit perfectly to every character we have no chance. It is like in real life, bigger cupsize means more material to hide it ... and for the males among us: we know the same problem when we look at our bellies :mrgreen:
User avatar
punkduck
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Nuremberg, Germany

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby Guynelk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

I love your character! :P :D
Guynelk
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby nepemex » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:25 pm

any chance that you can share the morph?
thanks!!!
nepemex
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:31 am
Location: usa


Return to Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron