Blender clothes sewing

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Re: Blender clothes sewing

Postby blindsaypatten » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Because my computer had nothing better to do overnight: https://youtu.be/hnzXIdWq48M

I have managed to get a better fit of the belt than shown by using the dynamic mesh option, using the rubber presets, turning off gravity, and then shrinking the belt to inside the garment. It will then contract somewhat like a rubber band to fit over the garment. Combined with the Solidify modifier it isn't too bad, but I haven't succeeded in have the garment also be simulated at the same time so the wrinkles get pressed flatter, it always ends with something breaking through something else, usually the garment pierces the body. Maybe I need to set a really Quality/steps value and let it run for a long time.

Does anyone else have a method for achieving the effect of pulling a belt tight?

Also, subsurf keeps messing up the straight edge of my trim. :evil:
blindsaypatten

Postby RobBaer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

blindsaypatten wrote:Also, subsurf keeps messing up the straight edge of my trim. :evil:

A job for a couple of extra edge loops close to the corner?
RobBaer

Postby blindsaypatten » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 pm

RobBaer wrote:
blindsaypatten wrote:Also, subsurf keeps messing up the straight edge of my trim. :evil:

A job for a couple of extra edge loops close to the corner?

Thank you! I had actually tried adding a loop, but the edge still distorted, but of course if I put the color boundary one loop back it stays straight! Yes! That's really useful to know. Thanks again!
blindsaypatten

Postby blindsaypatten » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:02 am

Not really related to sewing springs anymore but I did some further work, gave the cloth some thickness and made an attempt at a silk-like material:
HanfuC1Close.jpg

HanfuC1FullUHD2.jpg
blindsaypatten

Postby o4saken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 am

blindsaypatten wrote:Not really related to sewing springs anymore but I did some further work, gave the cloth some thickness and made an attempt at a silk-like material:
HanfuC1Close.jpg

HanfuC1FullUHD2.jpg

Well, this started with sewing springs, and the result is fantastic!!! looks really convincing silk like. Great job!. thank you for sharing the progress.
o4saken

Postby RobBaer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:39 am

Cool silk!
RobBaer

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:50 pm

The material node setup I used for the silk just uses a Glossy shader with the color set to the diffuse color:
SilkNodes.png

There are some much more complicated setups out there but this did the trick for me.
blindsaypatten

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 pm

I finally downloaded GIMP today in order to get better transparency handling, and made my first practical use of displacement.

A little bit of graded displacement goes a long way when using an image of embroidery, as seen in the big dragon on the bottom, but so far I haven't been able to get a real embroidered look starting with just a pattern, as seen in the rest of the dragons:
HanfuD5HD.jpg

For comparison, here it is without adding displacement: (you need to look at the full resolution to really see the difference)
HanfuD5HDNoDisplacement.jpg

If anyone knows how to make a solid patch look like thread embroidery please share!
blindsaypatten

Postby loki1950 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 am

I see a bit of displacement dragon around the collar not as much as the bottom but try playing with the strength for a few test renders.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby o4saken » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am

Dicided to try play arround with the sewing springs using a more complicated cut of fabric - it was four pieces that pulled together the left and right were seperated a symetrically and obviously the back and fronts were also seperate - over all it worked quite well but for a slight issue just below her breast.
untitled.png
o4saken

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic