Question about Making Proxies

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Question about Making Proxies

Postby blindsaypatten » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm

I converted the generated clothing to a proxy (moved, renamed files) and the resulting proxy is identical to the original Adult female genitalia proxy.

The Average female in MakeClothes is absolutely female and Caucasian.

You can believe me or not but if you follow my instructions it will work.
blindsaypatten

Postby jujube » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:21 pm

I'd guess that what other geometry you export matters too, and might contribute to different results? (for example, high poly vs low poly eyes. Makeclothes/target use low poly eyes, but makehuman by default uses the high poly eyes.)
jujube

Postby MTKnife » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:45 am

blindsaypatten wrote:I converted the generated clothing to a proxy (moved, renamed files) and the resulting proxy is identical to the original Adult female genitalia proxy.

The Average female in MakeClothes is absolutely female and Caucasian.

You can believe me or not but if you follow my instructions it will work.

Wow, that worked! Thanks!

When I loaded up the new version, the faces kept separating every time I posed the model, which I figured was probably due to a weighting problem. I realized later the problem was I'd forgotten to create vertex groups. In the meantime, I just copied the PROXY file from the original "Adult female genitalia* proxy (it finally dawned on me that the purpose of this to store the weights) , renamed it, and changed the filenames referenced in the headers, and it works great (it's possible the original weights work better than the automatically generated ones would).

I've uploaded it to "User contributed assets".
MTKnife

Previous

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)