BodyParts3d

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Re: BodyParts3d

Postby AnatomyFan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks a lot for uploading the mega model!

The model looks good besides the holes. I also noticed the part names you added. The shortcut to make cross sections is actually really nice, I'll definitely note it down for future use. Your model has made me hungry for even more detail. I think I will try and look into importing the model using the script myself and see how far I can get. One alternative would be to ask the Japanese creators if they have a full model which they can share. I'll look into that. Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.. :)
AnatomyFan

Postby jujube » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:34 am

Zygotebody has more detail, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay to download the models to your computer.
jujube

Postby AnatomyFan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 am

Exactly. So far I have been able to determine that a previous version of the bodyparts3d has a whole lot more polygons (95% compression of the original polygon count instead of 99%). First I'll try and import that version into blender. If the detail in this version is not optimal, I'll contact the Japanese creators and see if they can help out.
AnatomyFan

Postby jujube » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 pm

What version is that? (I used version 3 in my file.)
jujube

Postby AnatomyFan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:40 pm

That would be the 2.0 version. The 95% model is the one you want. The uncompressed size is crazy big.
AnatomyFan

Postby alex_farlie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 pm

AnatomyFan wrote:Exactly. So far I have been able to determine that a previous version of the bodyparts3d has a whole lot more polygons (95% compression of the original polygon count instead of 99%). First I'll try and import that version into blender. If the detail in this version is not optimal, I'll contact the Japanese creators and see if they can help out.

Did you ever follow up on this?

I ask because BodyParts 3D is the sort of thing that might interest certain Wikipedia projects...

alex_farlie
alex_farlie

Postby jujube » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:41 pm

I've been meaning to check out the 95% (or even uncompressed) version, as the increased poly count would probably improve the results of auto-retopology, but I got sidetracked by busy-ness and lack of motivation...
jujube

Previous

Return to Off topic