Proxy addition causes large mesh transformations

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Re: Proxy addition causes large mesh transformations

Postby wolgade » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

porky11 wrote:I still have problems: The penis either looks good when changing age, but not when making more complicated transformations, or when using vertex groups, it never looks good, but doesn't look different after transformations at least.

Did you link the penis of your proxy to the penis helper geometry of the human mesh?
porky11 wrote:Is there somewhere the .blend file of the adult_male_genitalia?

No.
wolgade

Postby porky11 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 pm

I tried many things with my vertex groups. Also adding one called "Penis" to my new penis and the helper geometry penis. (That's what you meant by linking, didn't you?)
The best result is with no vertex groups at all, except I do some non trivial transformations (targets) affecting the place, where the penis is. In such cases, the penis is not really recognizable anymore (especially for fantasy creatures).
When I use vertex groups, the penis doesn't look good anymore at all (except in the age I modelled it, in my case baby, because normally when modelling something for baby, it also looks good on child and adult, or at least acceptable, not the other way round). But large transformations don't affect the look.
porky11

Postby porky11 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm

I retried it without vertexgroups, modelled a bit, and now it looks good.
porky11

Postby porky11 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 pm

I now found out, that adult_male_genitalia can be created without vertex groups, and works the same as before.
So my errors should be able to be fixed by changing the form a bit.
porky11

Previous

Return to Community discussions