repurposed genital assets

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

repurposed genital assets

Postby jujube » Tue May 30, 2017 3:06 am

This should probably actually go in the questions section. Or better yet, contact the artist and get permission instead of asking here. But basically I found a source for male genital models, with relatively minor adjustments needed to convert to all-quad. I've done the conversion on one mesh already, and it loads in MH and looks great, I just don't have permission from the artist. If you want the .mhclo or the .blend, message me.

Source (warning: very NSFW. Both the page and the entire site. )

edit: actually, no wait, forget the part where I said it looks great... when I apply it to existing characters, the shape gets disturbingly squashed and I have no idea why...
jujube

Re: repurposed genital assets

Postby joepal » Tue May 30, 2017 6:59 am

Did you make a proxy or apply it as clothes?

If using clothes, you might want to apply the rigid vert groups technique.

Autoapplying vert groups will probably misinterpret things so that some points get attached to either leg and so forth.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby jujube » Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 am

I didn't use rigid groups, but I did make a penis helper vertex group, it should be using that. (I didn't test it with poses yet, though.)

edit: It was one of my custom targets. So it's all good. I think. (I made it as clothes btw. )
jujube

Postby joepal » Tue May 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Anyway, that site would be a lot more interesting if there was any explicit license stated for the downloads. If they were CC0 for example, it'd make sense to re-use some of it for MH.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby jujube » Tue May 30, 2017 10:15 pm

It looks like I'll have to figure out how to their chat service; maybe I can get something worked out with the artist or site owners.
jujube

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)