Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby o4saken » Fri May 05, 2017 10:17 am

Craziest thing when i am making my assets the longest part for me is neatening the quad edges, i.e when i cut a fancy neckline, because its all quads the mission is to get all the squares to flow and look smooth - then i discovered the looptools addon, its been there all this time and you simply click relax, and done!!. so even making circular cut - say in the back of a dress, one would simply select some vertices to make a cube, delete these, then select the edge loop made by this deletion and then click relax, and suddenly its a perfectly smooth circle.

here is an example, if you look at the dress i just recently made, when i said i rushed it, i didnt sit and move all the neck line vertices to make it smooth. now i discovered this and with one click it is 100% better.
Capture.PNG
o4saken

Postby wolgade » Fri May 05, 2017 11:53 am

o4saken wrote:then i discovered the looptools addon,

That's the next thing I will have to discover myself. Thanks for the hint.
wolgade

Postby o4saken » Fri May 05, 2017 11:57 am

wolgade wrote:
o4saken wrote:then i discovered the looptools addon,

That's the next thing I will have to discover myself. Thanks for the hint.

https://youtu.be/y-fkfA2Ja3c?t=172
o4saken

Postby wolgade » Sat May 06, 2017 12:46 pm

This might have been asked before, but I'm a bit too lazy to read the whole thread. I had a look at some of your posted assets. Is there a reason why you don't want to publish them in the user repo? Your mhclo files state AGPL as license which looks like unchanged default setting. Am I allowed to use your stuff? If so, under what conditions?
wolgade

Postby Marco_105 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:08 pm

@Wolgade
Seems the whole job on this assets is not complete... need exe !
Marco_105

Postby wolgade » Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Marco_105 wrote:need exe !

Need what? Sorry, didn't understand. What some assets needed: Fixing material file, fixing max_pole in mhcl file and renaming of some image files to avoid overwriting each other on export.
wolgade

Postby o4saken » Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 am

wolgade wrote:This might have been asked before, but I'm a bit too lazy to read the whole thread. I had a look at some of your posted assets. Is there a reason why you don't want to publish them in the user repo? Your mhclo files state AGPL as license which looks like unchanged default setting. Am I allowed to use your stuff? If so, under what conditions?

The stuff i made, i do for fun/learning and i couldn't be bothered with licence, just use the stuff for what ever you would like. there are some ripped assetts in this thread that i would perhaps caution against any commercial work (uncharted stuff)
As for moving them to the user contrib - i will get there, was thinking once i am on leave in july i will take the time to do this, the biggest issue as you are aware is that the textures arent assigned correctly, this is easily fixed from inside MH but unfortunately at work on the work computer MH doesnt run, so once i have the time, i will work on them at home and then upload the fixed assets, but for now they are available here.
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 am

A simple Jersey.

The diffuse texture comes from http://croicroga.deviantart.com/gallery ... res-styles. The specularity and Bump map i made myself.
I know i said i want to move onto doing more detailed stuff, but the wool texture was just too nice to not do anything with it.
jersey.png
Attachments
jersey.zip
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 425 times
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Mon May 08, 2017 11:24 am

This is me just playing with the looptools relax button, i am loving this button now that i have found it,
anyways the result is some sort of sporty shirt i guess.
render.png

renderback.png
Attachments
sportshirt.zip
(5.89 MiB) Downloaded 414 times
o4saken

Postby wolgade » Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am

o4saken wrote: i am loving this button now that i have found it,

This button is great. One mouse click and you get the result you're after. Doing this manually takes much longer.
wolgade

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)