Please be civil in repo comments

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Please be civil in repo comments

Postby joepal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Writing a comment to an asset, basically saying "all your items suck" is pretty rude, even if it's true.

I'm not going to point fingers at anyone specific, and instead just make a general plea to keep comments constructive and friendly. We all have to start somewhere. With helpfulness and encouragement, beginners can evolve into good designers eventually.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Please be civil in repo comments

Postby brkurt » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:07 am

joepal wrote:Writing a comment to an asset, basically saying "all your items suck" is pretty rude, even if it's true.

I'm not going to point fingers at anyone specific, and instead just make a general plea to keep comments constructive and friendly. We all have to start somewhere. With helpfulness and encouragement, beginners can evolve into good designers eventually.

My primary interest is in how cloth folds, not how hyper-realistic a UV map is in a contribution.

What i have noticed--being one of the first contributors--is that the rude comments usually come from users with little or no background in either design or 3d animation. Usually they are gamers who just want a quick mod. This is hard on designers! I always state that a particular contribution was meant as a prototype, not a finished product. I do believe that was and is your intent when you contribute.

Now, however, we have near-professional or fully professional contributions; the rules of the game have changed. Hopefully with the first betas of Valentina we can produce even better work.
brkurt

Re: Please be civil in repo comments

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 am

Valentina looks good project, no W7 64 version?
Marco_105

---

Postby DredNicolson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:32 pm

But let's not lavish so much attention on the superstars that we discourage the beginner from even trying to contribute. That's more likely to create an exclusive club than an open community. :)
DredNicolson

Return to Community discussions