Spaghetti top and jeans skirt

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Spaghetti top and jeans skirt

Postby punkduck » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:31 pm

I added a spaghetti strap tank top and a jeans skirt. Both were some of my early works. With some small corrections in Blender it should look like this:

leska_spaghetti_top.jpg

Since the Skirt uses a normal map, read how to deal with the inside, when you use cycles render, here is the shader setup, I always use for the differentiation of fore- and backfaces:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=3686&mode=view

When you use the tank top with the jeans I uploaded, then you have to remodel part of jeans, because the shirt peeks through.

And this is NOT a real smile, this is the "I've to show some clothes for the community"-version ;)
punkduck

Re: Spaghetti top and jeans skirt

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:13 pm

mm, I see what you mean, the two part fit good, I try it :
test_clothes-01.png

You make some fix group I guess ?
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Yepp. But you can always see that it is not sufficient, when you only combine clothes. Especially I will NOT put the legs in a delete-group, because then the girl has no legs from the knee upwards. For the Leska model I corrected the parts in the regions of the skirt, where the skin or the shirt peeks through. The result without doing it was similar to yours by the way, but I had no problems with the legs. And yes, my girl also wears a slip, which fits perfectly under the skirt.

I always remodel the clothes in Blender, especially when they have buckles or buttons (or the little pyramids of the bandeau bikini I added today) to change the material. Then I save the changed clothes in Blender without the model for later use (but these clothes will only fit to the same model!). For a shirt which could be inside or outside a jeans, I supply shape-keys for both clothes. These keys allow me to have both features ...

I know that is not the approach of MH, where you can model a character in a few minutes. I need about 60 hours for a new character and about 8-10 hours for a piece of cloth (most work is the texture!).

You asked in one comment, how I achieved the nearly perfect fit of the transparent clothes, like the babydoll. Well I copied the mannequin in the breast region, so that the copied vertices are not far away from the original ones (the faces should be parallel to the original ones). I understand the mathematical approach of the method but also know the limits. So for a game character, it would be better to combine the whole outfit before you put it on the model. The wintercoat with boots, jeans and sleeveless shirt (do you really wear a sleeveless shirt in winter? ;) ) is the most complicated combination which works on my girls ... but it is was testing, changing, testing, changing ...

Today I needed 5 hours to change the bandeau bikini, so that it looks good for most of my test girls. Before I added the small pyramids after the import in Blender. Now I managed it, that it also works in MH directly. These small pyramids should not be rounded by catmull-clark subdivision, so you need tiny extra faces (quads only :roll: ) and they should stay in the same geometry. Therefore the slip itself consists of 6 additional rigid vertex-groups, so that the small pyramids resize geometrically. Btw.: the jeans skirt has only one, it is for the button in front.
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Yes, I know that binding clothes on model in MH is not an easy pleasure party to satisfy mostly of the morphing possibility and it's an MH problems for now !

Looking on the last Bra-bikini you recently upload, I saw lot of improvement in your approach, I test it with custom and that work very good (even with my exagerate custom target) as you can see:
Clothes+delete.JPG
Clothes_01.png

It's not the same with Jeans Skirt with custom target:
Clothes_02.png

Seems MH cannot fit morphing with custom target on 'rigid groups' that it can do on its own morphing slider. Anyway that just happend in MH, when import in BL you can easily resolve those binding process...
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm not sure, but I guess the reason for this behaviour is:

The bikini is modelled on the female body itself. Without the delete-group the breast might peek trough if the number of faces is far lower than the female torso itself.

The skirt and shirt are modelled on the female body with helpers, this is a construction used in MakeClothes for e.g. getting some distance between cloth and body in the chest region. Since these reference points are not scaling with your target (I guess) this could be the reason for it.

All my lingerie, bikinis, glasses and shoes are made on the female body without helpers. The rest is made on the helper version. And the delete-groups seem to delete all faces of the body and other clothes in a distance called z-depth. If z-depth is bigger than a specific value the faces will re-appear.

Btw.: The best results I get with cloth simulation in Blender, using my girl as a collision object. But that is a different story ;)
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

You mean that binding process is different from helper than other mesh, hope this is not.
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Marco_105 wrote:You mean that binding process is different from helper than other mesh, hope this is not.

For an afro-american character I've changed the form of the breast with an own target, and I've exactly the same problem. Lingerie works, but T-Shirt, sleeveless shirt ... I dunno. And you mentioned, that the french bra works, of course the bra is directly modelled on the human.
punkduck

Return to User contributions