Asset downloader plugin

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Asset downloader plugin

Postby joepal » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:14 pm

This is on me. I didn't enable the export of the database to run regularly yet. I need to set up a cron job to run the script once in a while.

So it's still stuck on whenever it was I ran it manually last time, probably a week ago or so.

(The technical explanation is that there is a python script which reads the drupal database and produces a json file with all the asset details. The drupal site obviously reads real time from that same database, which is why the recent changes view is always up to date)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby RobBaer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:32 pm

joepal wrote:This is on me. I didn't enable the export of the database to run regularly yet.

A sysop's life is hell because of those nasty plugin developers. What to do if you are both? Whatever it is, be gentle because we need you! :D
RobBaer

Postby Kimba » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Community tab not showing in MH 1.1.0. I've checked and rechecked the settings. Checked permissions. Checked instructions. Using MH 1.1.0 on Linux Mint 18.
Kimba

Postby joepal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Is the plugin visible in the settings->plugins tab? Does the log say anything interesting?

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _report%3F
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Kimba » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Cant see plugin in plugins or logs. No errors or warnings. It doesn't appear at all. The path is home/kim/makehuman/v1/plugins. I left the folders intact. Should I empty the folder contents into plugins itself?

Tried putting files directly in plugins but got confused when the system asked to replace init_py so cancelled.
Kimba

Postby RobBaer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Kimba wrote:Cant see plugin in plugins or logs. No errors or warnings. It doesn't appear at all. The path is home/kim/makehuman/v1/plugins. I left the folders intact. Should I empty the folder contents into plugins itself?

The plugins folder is with the MakeHuman program binary, not the MakeHuman assets folder .

I'm not sure if you are on a Linux system, but this is something like ~/bin/makehuman/makehuman/plugins on my Ubuntu installation. On a Windows system it will be something like c:\program files\makehuman\makehuman\plugins Of course, in both cases it depends where you installed MakeHuman.
RobBaer

Postby Kimba » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:33 pm

On Linux Mint 18. I installed from software manager. I have scoured my hidden files and there is nothing about Makehuman in any system files. The only makehuman files are in ~/makehuman/v1/
Kimba

Postby RobBaer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Kimba wrote:On Linux Mint 18. I installed from software manager. I have scoured my hidden files and there is nothing about Makehuman in any system files. The only makehuman files are in ~/makehuman/v1/

What directory do you start makehuman from? That is the directory of interest. The v1 folder is just for assets and is not the one of interest here. Typically the main installation folder will have blendertools, docs, makehuman, and maketarget-standalone. From among these, pick the makehuman subfolder and open it. Within this subfolder, you will find folders like apps, core, data, etc. One of these will be called plugins. This is the one you want.

Dump the mhapi, 8_community assets, and 8_server_socket folders in the plugins folder and restart MakeHuman. Good luck.

Here are (hopefully reproducible) instructions for the steps that I just just used successfully; maybe they will help:

Instructions for using the community plugin:
• Go to https://github.com/makehumancommunity/community-plugins
• On the clone or download button choose “download zip”
• Extract the downloaded zip (I did this on windows so not sure how well it works on the Linux side). Perhaps it is better to use git on the Linux side.
• Navigate into the folder [./community-plugins-master/community-plugins-master/makehuman/] and observe three folders: mhapi, 8_community assets, and 8_server_socet
• Copy all three folders and their contents to the plugins folder in ~/bin/makehuman/makehuman/plugins/ (Linux) or C:/makehuman/makehuman/plugins/ (or maybe c:/program files/makehuman/makehuman/plugins) on Windows. Note: This is the location of your installation NOT your assets
• Restart MakeHuman and go to the Community tab
• Click synchronize in the right panel
• Select an asset in the left panel
• Click Download
RobBaer

Postby loki1950 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Works on my brand new Mint 18 install and you should be using the makehuman ppa it has the asset downloader included ;) not the default one from the software manager just uninstall it install the ppa from this link https://launchpad.net/~makehuman-offici ... ehuman-11x

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Kimba » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:25 am

Thanks all for the help. I found the plugin folder under usr/share/makehuman/plugins, i'ts working well.
Kimba

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)