Asset downloader plugin

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Asset downloader plugin

Postby joepal » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:52 pm

wolgade wrote:That's a pity, because I spent some time on making the illustration at least a little bit visually appealing. I used JPG for illustrations. The displayed illustrations use PNG.

Yes, currently I've taken a shortcut where I've assumed all thumbnails and illustrations are PNG. I'll fix this in the next iteration. There are a few other reasons stuff might not show up too. The primary ones are bugs in my URL string conversions when there are either spaces or non-ascii characters in the file names. Drupal doesn't care, but in my conversions to and from JSON, and to and from different versions of python, this has a tendency to dick out currently.

But thanks for the bug report. Then I know a particular asset for which my routines failed, so it becomes easier to test for that particular scenario.

If you find other assets where you know there's a screenshot or thumbnail which doesn't show up, please list these too.

I'm also aware of a few assets which has characters such as ", &, [, ( and random characters with strange encoding in texture filenames too. These will take some tinkering to manage.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby wolgade » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:39 pm

joepal wrote:Yes, currently I've taken a shortcut where I've assumed all thumbnails and illustrations are PNG.

I see. If you didn't tell me, I would have pointed you to line 339 of assetdownload.py.
Code: Select all
fn = os.path.join(assetDir,"screenshot.png")
wolgade

Postby joepal » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:29 pm

I've committed a bugfix which I think solves the screenshot issue. At least it works for me with female top 01 now, but I only tested on ubuntu 16.04.

You'll need to update the plugin from git and click the synchronize button. I don't think you need to delete the data/community-assets and start over from scratch, but if doesn't work without this, please try deleting the directory and re-synchronize.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby wolgade » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:58 pm

joepal wrote:At least it works for me with female top 01 now, but I only tested on ubuntu 16.04.

Works on Debian Jessie, too. I didn't have to delete the data, just updated the plugins and synchronized. What I realize now: The screenshot image gets cropped, depending on screen resolution or size of the MH window. Scaling might be better if it's possible without having to write an image processing program.
wolgade

Postby badwolf » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:01 am

this may be a low priority bug but in my source copy (which runs using a 64 bit python) the asset downloader plugin does not work (it loads and then has a blank screen)

but im thinking for the portable version it might be an idea to go ahead and package the community plugins (and the mhx2 plugin) but "hotstamp" the load screen to mark it as being an unoffical/community version.
badwolf

Postby loki1950 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:59 am

Do you get the community tab at all then might be a good idea to check the debug log just after it loads the plug-in for any errors you can check that from within Mh by going to the Utilities tab any errors are in orange.If there are errors load the makehuman-debug.txt into a text editor and copy/paste the relevant line in a code tag here after all no real info in your report apart from it does't work ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:22 pm

I've written updated installation instructions at https://github.com/makehumancommunity/community-plugins. Hopefully this will make it easy enough to install that not only hard core kamikaze crazies will want to try it.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Thomas_Fo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:56 am

Hm, very interesting. Will the assets be installed system-wide or in the user account?
Thomas_Fo

Postby joepal » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:38 am

They're installed per user.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby RobBaer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:00 pm

When pushing the "synchronize" button on the plugin I certainly (seem to) get synchronization, but for example, Mindfront added F Dress 01 on 7-28-2016, and it is not appearing on my synchronized list (as of 7-30-2016).

This begs the question of whether server-side asset lists update automatically and/or whether manual updates are happening properly. Interestingly, "list of recent changes" [ http://www.makehumancommunity.org/contributions.html ] includes this asset, so at some level its server-side existence has been logged manually/automatically.
RobBaer

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)