SPACE CAPE!!

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

SPACE CAPE!!

Postby CallHarvey3d » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:23 pm

cuz in space there's capes.
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... apev1.html
this is a test for something else im doing so i didnt spend any time finalizing this so it has a couple issues. probably not going to update it but its fun enough so i figured id share
Attachments
HSCV1.jpg
CallHarvey3d

Re: SPACE CAPE!!

Postby CallHarvey3d » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:55 pm

oh yea you have to apply the material manually in MH. im not sure what im doing wrong that it doesnt work when you first load the model. suggestions?
CallHarvey3d

Postby learning » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 pm

Looks like the back half of that stereotypical Chinese dress all girls in old martial arts movies wear for some reason :roll:
learning

Postby learning » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:32 am

CallHarvey3d wrote:oh yea you have to apply the material manually in MH. im not sure what im doing wrong that it doesnt work when you first load the model. suggestions?

I think I figured out what was wrong. For some reason the material line was missing in your .mhclo files for both this and fairy suit one. MH does automatically detect .mhmat files in the same directory as the .mhclo file, but for some reason it needs you to point it to at least one, otherwise it just assumes there's no material at all (weird behavior if you ask me, but I'm sure the devs had their reasons to implement it like this).

I.e. you should add the line
Code: Select all
material harveycapev1.mhmat

before the "verts 0" line in harvecapev1.mhclo file, and the same applies to tink.mhclo for the fairy suit.

Now why this line went missing in the first place — that I don't know. Normally this is generated automatically by MakeClothes.
learning

Postby loki1950 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 am

Normally this is generated automatically by MakeClothes.

Yes but only if you apply the material in blender before hitting the button.And to answer an other question that Harvey posted earlier Makehuman only supports one material slot per object presently.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby MTKnife » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 am

Note that you can get around the single-texture limitation by applying all the textures you want, and them baking them, and saving the baked texture file as your single texture.
MTKnife

Postby CallHarvey3d » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks! Yea I should have thought of this having to do with MakeClothes export issue. Makeclothes will not export an obj unless i first turn off the .png i have in the material because of relative file pathing issues. So i stRted not even applying the texture until i first export the model then apply the material and export just the material. Its 2 steps but its the only way ive gottn it to work. Thanks for the bit of script its at least a solid work around for the future.
The multiple material issue is a bit different in that i would like to be able control two shaders on different parts of the model such as matt paint and glass on a motorcycle helmet. Thoughts?
CallHarvey3d

Postby learning » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:48 am

Yeah, I hope the one material only limitation will be removed in future versions. I think you can still work around this using specular texture maps and such, but it's a rather clunky way to achieve rather simple effects so…
learning

Return to User contributions