Ellie (Last of Us) hair

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Ellie (Last of Us) hair

Postby learning » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:03 am

joepal wrote:
learning wrote:Um, did you just edit my post instead of replying? :shock:

The curse of having administrative access... I must've confused the "quote" and "edit" buttons.

Sorry for that.

I don't think there's an undo function though, so I don't know how to repair it.

It's okay, just don't do this again. Anyway, I still think that having an asset with "restrictive" license is better than not having said asset at all. And both those options beat having people use the asset without knowing the license and get in trouble with copyrightist inquisition.
learning

Postby learning » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:05 am

loki1950 wrote:
I don't think there's an undo function though, so I don't know how to repair it.

Any change to the SQL data base can not be undone :(

Enjoy the Choice :)

I have to say, your "Enjoy the Choice" motto here sounded more ironic than ever. It actually cracked me up :)
learning

Postby loki1950 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Yeah almost like the old Debian tag line "if you break it you get to keep both pieces" that was used when it was first released :geek:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby MTKnife » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:47 am

learning wrote:I've already said in no uncertain terms that I don't follow your copyrast religion, please stop trying to force it on me and don't ever preach it to me again. I'm well aware that this cult grew to the position of state religion in certain countries and spreads censorship and oppression to the parts of the internet it manages to control. If you live in one of such countries, I feel bad for you but there's little I can do to help. Luckily, this forum is based in Sweden so it's less censored. And really, if it was up to me, I'd choose moving the forum over censoring its contents in any circumstances.

Just to be clear here, copyright isn't a "religion" for me--it's not a matter of whether or not I agree with copyright laws, but of the fact that they're laws, and the nature of the rule of law (if I do have a religion, that's the one I subscribe to) is that you follow the laws whether you agree with them or not. I can't change your views on that, but I'd rather you not hurl insults against other people who are merely trying to adhere to principle.
MTKnife

Postby MTKnife » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:48 am

joepal wrote:
learning wrote:Um, did you just edit my post instead of replying? :shock:

The curse of having administrative access... I must've confused the "quote" and "edit" buttons.

Sorry for that.

If it makes you feel better, I've done it several times before--the buttons are literally right next to each other.
MTKnife

Postby learning » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:48 pm

MTKnife wrote:
learning wrote:I've already said in no uncertain terms that I don't follow your copyrast religion, please stop trying to force it on me and don't ever preach it to me again. I'm well aware that this cult grew to the position of state religion in certain countries and spreads censorship and oppression to the parts of the internet it manages to control. If you live in one of such countries, I feel bad for you but there's little I can do to help. Luckily, this forum is based in Sweden so it's less censored. And really, if it was up to me, I'd choose moving the forum over censoring its contents in any circumstances.

Just to be clear here, copyright isn't a "religion" for me--it's not a matter of whether or not I agree with copyright laws, but of the fact that they're laws, and the nature of the rule of law (if I do have a religion, that's the one I subscribe to) is that you follow the laws whether you agree with them or not. I can't change your views on that, but I'd rather you not hurl insults against other people who are merely trying to adhere to principle.

Yeah, figures that's your religion. Here's mine: Laws are make by people for people and should have rights and interests of people in mind. Every person is born with a set of inalienable rights and freedoms — freedom of speech, freedom of expression (that includes creating, sharing and modifying any information with no restriction), freedom of belief, freedom to own and use property etc. Those are the bases of society, and the only reason for laws and their enforcers to exist at all is guaranteeing and protecting those rights. If instead laws and governments restrict those freedoms, as is the case with copyrast legislation, they are not legitimate and should be considered null and void. That has nothing to do with "liking" or "disliking" a particular law, only with whether or not it contradicts the basic human rights. And if they do, breaking such laws is not only acceptable, it is the only morally acceptable course of action. You of all people should understand this, after all you live in a country where not so long ago people were required by law to do… horrible, horrible things. (In my country it was, if anything, even worse). What would you say if all people back then were like "a law is a law, you should follow it whether you like it or not"? I'd say we are all lucky many weren't.

I am sorry if you found anything I've said insulting, I honestly didn't mean it. I know I'm opinionated and a bit of a hothead, always been, always will be, so at times I say things that may come out as rash. But hurling insults was never my intention. In fact, now that we know that we both have our beliefs that are somewhat incompatible, I'm ready to back off rather than starting a flame war.
learning

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:15 am

Ok don't polemic please, you just waste your time that you will use to make hair a lot !
Thank's for sharing that is a very good stuff, I'm really enjoy to see it on my model ! :P
Marco_105

Postby learning » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Thank you for kind words, I'm glad I could help. Check out my scavenger thread for more assets of dubious legality I've ripped from various game models and other freely available sources. Sorry that I haven't been updating it a lot lately, maybe I'll do this soon.
learning

Previous

Return to User contributions