More detailed male model texture

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: More detailed male model texture

Postby wolgade » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Great. How did you do the normal map? Cycles or Blender internal? Multires modifier or two objects, one being high res?
wolgade

Postby o4saken » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:34 am

wolgade wrote:Great. How did you do the normal map? Cycles or Blender internal? Multires modifier or two objects, one being high res?

This one was with blender internal, although my method is not different through cycles. I use two objects, one high res like you said, that you then sculpt, in the end you just put one on top of the other, make sure they have a uv map select both and bake normal
o4saken

Postby duststorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:56 am

That sculpt looks really great. These skins are really great additions to MH :)
I've done some sculpting back in the day when I made some of the clothes assets, like the shirt and jeans. I know it takes a lot of time to get it right. I really love your work.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby wolgade » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:47 pm

o4saken wrote:I use two objects, one high res like you said, that you then sculpt,

Thanks for sharing your workflow. I tried this once with the multires modifier. Doesn't work too well, because you can't bake on subsurf level 0.
wolgade

Postby o4saken » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 am

I created a normal map for the not so muscular texture, which i included here, so i moved the texture from an older post to here as well.
Attachments
o4sakenAO.png
o4sakennormal1.png
o4saken.png
o4saken

Postby duststorm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:45 pm

wolgade wrote:Thanks for sharing your workflow. I tried this once with the multires modifier. Doesn't work too well, because you can't bake on subsurf level 0.

No but I believe you can bake to a cloned version of the model with the multires modifier removed.
I'm not sure how I did it, you might have to clone the multires mesh a second time and apply the modifier at the desired level as well.
But this would work.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby wolgade » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:58 pm

duststorm wrote:I'm not sure how I did it, you might have to clone the multires mesh a second time and apply the modifier at the desired level as well.
But this would work.

Yes it does as at the end of the day you have two objects for baking.
wolgade

Postby o4saken » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:39 pm

wolgade wrote:
o4saken wrote:I use two objects, one high res like you said, that you then sculpt,

Thanks for sharing your workflow. I tried this once with the multires modifier. Doesn't work too well, because you can't bake on subsurf level 0.

had a look at this and you can bake normals with multires, basically in blender internal, assign a material, unwrap the object, then apply multires modification. subdivide as much as you need, then turn preview down to 0, you can either leave sculpt the same as render or turn it down a bit but keep the render high, once sculpted you just go to bake, click from multires and bake..
o4saken

Postby duststorm » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:52 pm

I believe I did notice that the bakes look somewhat different when created through the multires modifier, or between two separate objects. But in more recent Blender versions, it's possible this got rectified.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Taholmes160 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 am

Hi folks

What is the current status of this skin etc. Is it already in the current release, or available someplace else. It loohs like it has a lot of potential, and id like to make use of it in a hobby project i have going

Thanks
Tim
Taholmes160

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)