Anime style custom target

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Anime style custom target

Postby Oscalon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:24 am

I've finished a full piece of artwork with this. See the gallery post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12573&p=30525#p30525

Actually using it in a piece has let me figure out a bunch of issues. Progress continues.
Oscalon

Postby duststorm » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Very cool! :)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Sculletto » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:12 pm

How did you make this Anime style? Did you use Toon shader for Diffuse and Specular settings?
Sculletto

Postby Oscalon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 am

Sculletto wrote:How did you make this Anime style? Did you use Toon shader for Diffuse and Specular settings?

Yes. The shader is the same basic setup as described in one of my older articles here: http://www.aversionofreality.com/blog/2 ... ader-group

EDIT: Note that I'm using Cycles here, not Blender Internal.
Oscalon

Postby Oscalon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:58 am

It's time for a new WIP as I continue development. Doing a pose like this has required me to work through a lot of weight painting issues. This will probably end up needing to be a proxy with custom weights due to topology needs for the shading, and also some areas just being too different to work with the normal weight and bone layout (eg. the eyelids.)

Some problem areas are the knees (using a corrective shapekey here), the shoulder/armpit area (has definition but the shader won't get it at this angle, so more a shader problem), and the bust (due to weights being wrong, bending her back causes her bust to enlarge...doh!)

Miku-v2-Prance-1-WIP-1-web.png

(Click for very large image)
Oscalon

Postby brkurt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Oscalon wrote:
Some problem areas are the knees (using a corrective shapekey here), the shoulder/armpit area (has definition but the shader won't get it at this angle, so more a shader problem), and the bust (due to weights being wrong, bending her back causes her bust to enlarge...doh!)

Are you using 'breast bones'? I also normally have five vertebrae bones, as my martial arts poses require greater flexibility than the standard Makehuman rig. This combination of bones really helps my more heroically-proportioned females, as then the breasts can ride on the ribcage during a backbend, and can sway when the character is running.
brkurt

Postby Oscalon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:20 pm

brkurt wrote:
Oscalon wrote:

Are you using 'breast bones'? I also normally have five vertebrae bones, as my martial arts poses require greater flexibility than the standard Makehuman rig. This combination of bones really helps my more heroically-proportioned females, as then the breasts can ride on the ribcage during a backbend, and can sway when the character is running.

It's just a problem with a couple of loops that ended up on the wrong bone when I was making the changes to the torso. So instead of moving properly with the breasts they stay still and stretch.
Oscalon

Postby Oscalon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:14 am

And now the final version of that pose:
Miku-v2-Twirl-1.png
Oscalon

Postby duststorm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:42 am

Looking very good. :)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Oscalon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 am

I have released a test version of the target! Please see my new thread in the User Contributions section: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12891
Oscalon

Previous

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)